How to Copy/Import DLL files to Windows Folder Using TC CE

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Pwned-PS

How to Copy/Import DLL files to Windows Folder Using TC CE

Post by *Pwned-PS »

Hi. I am stuck trying to edit the registry so as to add some DLL files to Windows Folder of my Windows Mobile 6.1 using Total Commander CE. I have tried to use the Total Commander CE registry editor but I am getting stuck as I do not see any option to import the DLLs I need or even to paste them manually

I am basically looking for a solution to be able to stream live tv programmes using Winmo side of my HTC Shift. TV Live streaming is a new service introduced by my service provider using 3G. I have downloaded and installed the HTC Streaming Media Cab but I also need to add some DLLs associated with the app to be able to launch the live streaming service. I simply do not know how to add the DLLs to the Windows folder using Registry Editor.

I can navigate to \Windows\ folder using Total Commander/CE but from there I have absolutely no idea how to add the DLL files. I am also able to get to the HKLM etc but I need guidance on how proceed.

Please help..... Ed.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The Windows folder is normally read only. Have you tried to put the dlls in the program folder instead?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Pwned-PS

Post by *Pwned-PS »

Thank you for the response. I installed the desktop TC together with the TC CE Plugin. Was able to add the Dlls to the target folder but the device became unstable and had to re-install the Os. I should probably have added to Programs as you have suggested. Will try that and see how it goes. Nice app buddy. Works like magic..... :P