[request] shurtcut to button bar. alt F5(packer shurtcut)bug

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TClover

[request] shurtcut to button bar. alt F5(packer shurtcut)bug

Post by *TClover »

First of all I want to make it clear that I'm referring to two different subjects.

:idea: It would be nice to choose a hotkey for each button in the button bar. (not only internal command but custom commands as well). 8)

:arrow: Every time I use the packer hotkey (alt + F5) my screen flicker or going black for a sec (weird) and then nothing happen. :roll:
just another TC fan
Luise Koschinsky

Post by *Luise Koschinsky »

2TClover
Every time I use the packer hotkey (alt + F5) my screen flicker or going black for a sec (weird) and then nothing happen.
:evil: The same happens to me and there is another thing that we have in common: We both seem to be unable to use the search function. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
Clo

Driver...

Post by *Clo »

2TClover
Hello!
About the second question:
Under Win 98SE and XP-PRO, I never got this failure.
- Often, it could be caused by a graphic-card driver having some bug(s).

• May be could you try to upgrade that driver? Or test with another graphic card, if you have, even the most basic old one...

• Another idea: what occurs when you ask for the "Pack files" dialog from the "Files"menu? If that works, there is a conflict in the key-shortcuts mapping with something else in Windows, perhaps...

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

2TClover
TClover wrote: It would be nice to choose a hotkey for each button in the button bar. (not only internal command but custom commands as well).
Do you know the 'Start'-menu in TC? You can access each command in Startmenu with 'cm_usermenu?' where '?' the number of the command is. ( in doubt look at 'wincmd.ini' [user] ). So all you have to do is to copy all your buttonbar-commands to the start-menu. Then you can remapp the hotkeys to alll your 'cm_usermenu's.

sheepdog
Clo

Miracle!

Post by *Clo »

2Luise Koschinsky
Hello!
• What a miracle! You know English now?
:?: Or else, you could learn it during one month only?
:wink: Congratulations!
- I've a very good memory.... :lol:
Viel Grüße - Regards
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [request] shurtcut to button bar. alt F5(packer shurtcut

Post by *Sheepdog »

TClover wrote: :arrow: Every time I use the packer hotkey (alt + F5) my screen flicker or going black for a sec (weird) and then nothing happen.

:roll:
I read about this problem here

Summary you can say, the grphics manager programm in the taskbar blocks the F5 key. If you deactivate this manager TC should operate as usual.

sheepdog
Clo

Not far...

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
>>> I wrote:
...there is a conflict in the key-shortcuts mapping with something else in Windows, perhaps...
:) Hello!
• Thank you for this abstract of the German topic, since I don't know German very well... My idea wasn't very far of the truth...

• That confirms isn't very opportune to use the Alt key in shortcuts combinations, because it's used - or locked like here - at other locations in Windows...

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Clo
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 15-01-2004 23:33:52 +0000 Sheepdog wrote:

S> You can access each command in Startmenu with
S> 'cm_usermenu?' where '?' the number of the
S> command is.

More details in FAQ.txt.[/face]