Scrolling with "letter only" quick search

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

9kvD38n6

Scrolling with "letter only" quick search

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

Bug or feature request:

When typing a letter to use the "letter only" quick search, TC jumps to the first file beginning with that letter in the list view, but if the letter is further down than the current position, it scrolls so that the newly found file with the cursor on it is at the very bottom of the list view, which requires a further manual scroll from the user in almost every case. The new location should automatically be scrolled to the top of the list view, like it it when the typed letter is further up than the current cursor location.

Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't consider this to be a bug, it's more a question of personal taste.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
9kvD38n6

Thanks

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

for your reply.

I fail to see how the status quo could be preferable to my suggestion, though. The user will be looking for the files beginning with the letter he typed into quick search - which are currently hidden until he scrolls - and not the letters starting with the letter preceding in the alphabet the one he typed - which are the ones he gets to see. Seems to me like a simple question of usability...
TC00

Re: Scrolling with "letter only" quick search

Post by *TC00 »

9kvD38n6 wrote:Bug or feature request:
it scrolls so that the newly found file with the cursor on it is at the very bottom of the list view, which requires a further manual scroll from the user in almost every case.
I totally agree with that......when i type letters for quick search

Is it possible to add an option, Something like "top middle、bottom" for options, that would be really great