Automatic FTP Transfer Mode: flags?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Automatic FTP Transfer Mode: flags?

Post by *Clo »

:D   Hello everybody!

•  When we upload / download files via FTP as "Automatic" mode, we don't know whether the appropriate mode is really used for the concerned file-types.

• Hence, to know if TC has alright switched the good mode, It'ld be nice to see a "flag".

• I mean - for instance - a coloured bullet or letter, somewhere at a very visible location. i.e.:

[face=arial] Text mode, or T[/face]

[face=arial] Binary mode, or B[/face]

8)   That should be a way to be sure (!) that none external feature perturbs the right current process , since indeed everyone trusts in TC.

:?:    A "nice to have" or "cosmetic" thing? Not sure

:mrgreen:   Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Jaguarist

Post by *Jaguarist »

Although I use another software program to do my FTP transfers with, if I did use TC for FTP duties, I would want to see what mode of transfer it was using.

my 2 cents.....

Namaste

Jag
Clo

Try it---

Post by *Clo »

2Jaguarist
:D Hi Jag
• Thanks, it should be useful to see that...
• And you could try TC-FTP functions, which are really great!

:wink:  Your coin fell in my begging bowl...
:mrgreen: Friendly regards
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Jaguarist

Post by *Jaguarist »

2Clo

I'm sure that TC's FTP abililty is more than good. But, I already have an excellent FTP program that cost me a fair amount of $$, and if I stopped using that one, I would feel like I just wasted good money, you understand? :wink:

On the other hand, if I had purchased TC first, I'm sure that I would not have had to pay for a seperate program for FTP functions. Oh well, live and learn........ :cry:

Manaste

Jag