SD Remount after using Total Commander

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

antzpantz

SD Remount after using Total Commander

Post by *antzpantz »

Hi there, I hope this gets a bit of attention.

This took me a fair while to figure out. I've been using TC for two months now and I love it! Just the file browser that Android needs! But something has been bugging me and I've only just realised what's happened. I just don't know "why" it's happened.

For some reason, all of the photos that I snapped would never appear in my Gallery app. The only way I could access them was through a file browser (ie TC or ASTRO) but that's a bit inconvenient having to search through folders.

I looked up how I could get the Gallery app to reindex my photos. Sure enough, I found a quick "SDrescan" app that would find my images again. Another suggestion was to remount the SD.

Then I copied new images via LAN plugin from my computer to the phone. The Gallery app stopped reindexing again until I rescanned my SD card.

I'm led to believe that TC somehow prevents Gallery from indexing my photos! Could this be correct?

I use a HTC Desire Z with Android 2.3.3, HTC Sense 2.1 if that's of any use.

Ta.

edit: I also noticed this when my Google+ photos would stop auto-uploading. Once I rescanned the SD, all of my photos suddenly synced!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try using RC1, it will notify the multimedia manager now when you copy or move files with Total Commander.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
antzpantz

Post by *antzpantz »

Thanks ghisler. I actually updated it soon after I posted this, but I appreciate you replying. It seems to be better now.

Now to find other apps that mess with my Gallery!