a few suggestions/requests

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

solara

a few suggestions/requests

Post by *solara »

Hi, first I'd like to say thanks for an awesome free Program! Can't wait to see the final version.

Just a couple suggestions/requests. Hopefully not considered inappropriate for this forum.

1. Allow programmable Home button for each panel. Allows each panel to be programmed to have a home directory that can be quickly accessed with a single button tap (similar to Dual File Manager XT).

2. Allow feature to create a shortcut to a file or folder that is static (not dynamic since that would defeat the purpose of having a shortcut) and can be placed on the home screen.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. You can add a button bar button for that.
2. Currently you can just change the default links to SD-Card, Downloads and Photos by holding down the finger and then using the context menu. More links need to be put in the bookmarks.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

ghisler(Author) wrote:2. Currently you can just change the default links to SD-Card, Downloads and Photos by holding down the finger and then using the context menu. More links need to be put in the bookmarks.
BTW: This is a nice feature. (I already knew about it.)
LordKaos

Post by *LordKaos »

I add mi petition for the home screen shortcuts. It would be great.

For my part, I suggest an option to make a remount for the SDCard, so we don´t need to install other apps for that and some option to flush the music and gallery cache.

Excellent program, I love it.
LORD KAOS WAS HERE!
Pachuco

Post by *Pachuco »

I second that it would be great to be able to make a desktop shortcut to also files.

Otherwise, I greatly enjoy what I've seen so far.

Much appreciated!
qubz

Post by *qubz »

What I'd like is slightly thicker folder/file items in the list.
solara

Post by *solara »

ghisler(Author) wrote:1. You can add a button bar button for that.
2. Currently you can just change the default links to SD-Card, Downloads and Photos by holding down the finger and then using the context menu. More links need to be put in the bookmarks.
1. Ah, yes, I see you can create additional buttons at the bottom. But it would be nice to have a dedicated Home button for each panel at the top that is user-definable. As of right now, I created two buttons at the bottom, and they work, but it's not an elegant way to implement a Home Direcotry button since both buttons sit at the left lower corner and don't correlate location-wise to the individual panels.

2. I meant to have a shortcut placed on the Android/Honeycomb home screen and not the Total Commander root screen.

Thanks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2. I meant to have a shortcut placed on the Android/Honeycomb home screen and not the Total Commander root screen.
You can already do that for folders! You can't do that for files - instead, try to create links for the programs with which these files are associated.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
LordKaos

Post by *LordKaos »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
You can already do that for folders! You can't do that for files - instead, try to create links for the programs with which these files are associated.
Hia!

The shortcut for folders, in my Galaxy Tab, works perfect, in the Motorola Defy not.

In the Defy, the shortcut remains, but the name appears lost and it only open the application, not the "shortcuted" folder.

I think that this happen because the Galaxy tab don´t remount the card with my files (the shortcut) when I connect to an usb port. Meanwhile, the Defy does.

Maybe the "lost destination" or broken shortcut happened after some mounts/unmonunts.

I tested it inmediatly after the shorcut creatin and works fine, a few days later, it appears broken again, but the same in the Galaxy, don´t.

I use an Astro shortcut meanwhile.

ghisler, If you want me to try something, send me an email or post here, It´s good that I´ve two sceneries and only one crash the shortcut.

Greetings!
LORD KAOS WAS HERE!
solara

Post by *solara »

Ahh, sorry, my bad. I didn't see that you could create a shortcut to a folder on the homescreen by going to the 'More' section after long-pressing the Android home screen.

Since others were echoing my request, I guess I wasn't the only one that missed that feature.

FYI for those who didn't know: To create a shortcut to a folder on the Home Screen:

1. Long press on the Android home screen.
2. Select the 'More' section
3. Choose 'Total Commander'
4. A pop-up window will appear asking you to select the folder you want to create the shortcut to, and then press OK.

Awesome program! Can't wait to see the final release.

A small request: it would be nice to be able to change the icon and display name for the corresponding shortcut, and have the option of not displaying the shortcut arrow under the icon.
r4venpl

Post by *r4venpl »

solara wrote:A small request: it would be nice to be able to change the icon and display name for the corresponding shortcut, and have the option of not displaying the shortcut arrow under the icon.
It's launcher feature. I use LauncherPro and i can change icon and shortcut label