sLister WLX plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: sLister WLX plugin

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

spitfire_ch wrote: 2021-03-13, 12:46 UTC Maybe it's just me, but the entire www.totalcmd.net site seems to be gone (or has been replaced by some scam site, redirecting to [snip]some_shitty_url[/snip]).
It's just you. (Hullo! Psst, secret undercover me speaking. You are not the only one, don't believe the other me. There is a secret club for people who noticed that as well. The club resides in the totalmd.net topic in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33741&start=225)
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

spitfire_ch wrote: 2021-03-13, 12:46 UTC Is there any other source for slister?
To actually answer your question, yes. You can download the SLister plugin here: wlx_sLister_1.1.2.zip
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

Read this topic, please: viewtopic.php?p=397613#p397536
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

spitfire_ch wrote: 2021-03-13, 12:46 UTC Maybe it's just me, but the entire www.totalcmd.net site seems to be gone (or has been replaced by some scam site, redirecting to https://track.vcdc.com/?mid=138&f=138&domain=totalcmd.net).

Thx
Check the thread for totalcmd.net
vsemken

Post by *vsemken »

So I had an issue with the slister plugin with SumatraPDF. In some cases while opening the Lister, a SumatraPDF window would open, but no content or file was displayed. Total Commander would hang for quite some time. That could happen 1 in 10 times, sometimes more, sometimes less frequent.

I had a look into this and it seems to be an issue in how SumatraPDF is called. In some cases the parameter passed to the programm is mis-interpreted and the plugin failes. I contacted the SumatraPDF author in order to fix this in his programm, but it seems, that this plugin mode is no longer supported and this issue won't be fixed. Hence I modified the slister plugin to work around this issue using some trickery. In many cases it can still open SumatraPDF, but sometimes it still fails. In this case the Lister is opened with the binary text of the PDF file, or possibly the next viewer. At least Total Commander doesn't hang and requires the extra SumatraPDF window to be closed.

I had a look around and could not find any note, that someone else had this issue. I cannot imagine, I'm the only one seeing this. I could not find a means to contact the original author, also considering the last updated was 10 years ago. So is someone interested in the fixed version?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

vsemken wrote: 2021-06-14, 16:26 UTC So I had an issue with the slister plugin with SumatraPDF. In some cases while opening the Lister, a SumatraPDF window would open, but no content or file was displayed. Total Commander would hang for quite some time. That could happen 1 in 10 times, sometimes more, sometimes less frequent.

I had a look into this and it seems to be an issue in how SumatraPDF is called. In some cases the parameter passed to the programm is mis-interpreted and the plugin failes. I contacted the SumatraPDF author in order to fix this in his programm, but it seems, that this plugin mode is no longer supported and this issue won't be fixed. Hence I modified the slister plugin to work around this issue using some trickery. In many cases it can still open SumatraPDF, but sometimes it still fails. In this case the Lister is opened with the binary text of the PDF file, or possibly the next viewer. At least Total Commander doesn't hang and requires the extra SumatraPDF window to be closed.

I had a look around and could not find any note, that someone else had this issue. I cannot imagine, I'm the only one seeing this. I could not find a means to contact the original author, also considering the last updated was 10 years ago. So is someone interested in the fixed version?
Did you update the SumatraPDF files with the actual ones from
https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/prerelease
I never had any hangs or failure with SLister and the actual Sumatra files.
Can you provide a pdf files which makes problems in your system ?
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
vsemken

Post by *vsemken »

It is independant of the PDF file and happens with all of them. The next try they open without an issue.
I also tried the prerelease and also the stable release and both show this. I check the source code and there lies the issue. The issue is the following command line being used and the passed number being negative:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Total Commander\Viewer\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe" -plugin -27520030 "d:\Download\office.pdf"
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

vsemken wrote: 2021-06-14, 17:08 UTC It is independant of the PDF file and happens with all of them. The next try they open without an issue.
I also tried the prerelease and also the stable release and both show this. I check the source code and there lies the issue. The issue is the following command line being used and the passed number being negative:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Total Commander\Viewer\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe" -plugin -27520030 "d:\Download\office.pdf"
If this happens for you with any PDF why don't other users have this problem ?
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

vsemken wrote: 2021-06-14, 17:08 UTCThe issue is the following command line being used and the passed number being negative:
Sounds familiar. I reported a very similar bug in tc_jad_plugin a while ago. It's astounding to me how often the wrong data types are used even today...

2Horst.Epp
The reason is simple: The issue only occurs randomly, and in the case of the other plugin I mentioned it requires the system to run for a couple of days or even weeks. After system reboot, everyting is fine again, until it happens again after some time. This is amplified when putting the system into hibernation like I do every day. Most people shut their system down, so that's probably one reason why only a few people might encounter such issues.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2vsemken

These are my settings:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\sLister\slister.ini

Code: Select all

[slister]
path=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\sLister\SumatraPDF-prerel-13418-64.exe
Maybe the following could help you?
Content of slister.ini

Code: Select all

[slister]
path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Total Commander\Viewer\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe"
Important: The exact name of the .exe file must be specified, e.g. SumatraPDF-3.2-64.exe.

EDIT:
Obviously the problem lies somewhere else...
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

If this is a major problem I would change to another viewer.
System wide I have PDF-XChange installed which has a very good Explorer preview.
This works for many PDFs even better than SumatraPDF in TC (using mode 8 ).
Also ULister previews PDF.
Slister with SumatryPDF has one big advantage that one can copy text from the preview.
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
vsemken

Post by *vsemken »

@Dalai, that is probably in important factor. I see this on one system and that is running for quite some time. The documentation says, that this number (a handle) can be any number and SumatraPDF interprets this as a signed value, but then checks the first charactor for being a digit.

@Horst, I have a workaroud and I'm fine with Sumatra otherwiese. Is there a way to use PDF-Xchange as an internal viewer? That would be an external viewer, correct? I tried PDFview and does not have the quality. Also tried Irfanview as an additional viewer, but that only shows the first page. Only remaining is ulister.

Thanks everone
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

vsemken wrote: 2021-06-14, 20:02 UTC @Dalai, that is probably in important factor. I see this on one system and that is running for quite some time. The documentation says, that this number (a handle) can be any number and SumatraPDF interprets this as a signed value, but then checks the first charactor for being a digit.

@Horst, I have a workaroud and I'm fine with Sumatra otherwiese. Is there a way to use PDF-Xchange as an internal viewer? That would be an external viewer, correct? I tried PDFview and does not have the quality. Also tried Irfanview as an additional viewer, but that only shows the first page. Only remaining is ulister.

Thanks everone
You can use PDF-Xchange as viewer in TC
Configure Lister / Multimedia / Define View method by file type...
set .pdf to 8 (Explorer preview).
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
willygeerts

Post by *willygeerts »

Just found this topic, sLister is working great, point to my portable SumatraPDF (x64) under my Total Commander directory.
Works like a charm! Thx.