DiskDir Extended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Perhaps thoose CABs which are not real M$ Cabinets but Install Shield archives.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

So what about environment variables like COMMANDER_PATH in plugin paths? DDE 1.6.7 can't list 7z archives if path to 7z plugin contains it (another hour spent on this little bug)... It may be reproduced with 7zip.wcx or Total7zip.wcx with clean INI (only DDE+7z plugin added).
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

MVV wrote:So what about environment variables like COMMANDER_PATH in plugin paths? DDE 1.6.7 can't list 7z archives if path to 7z plugin contains it (another hour spent on this little bug)... It may be reproduced with 7zip.wcx or Total7zip.wcx with clean INI (only DDE+7z plugin added).
Not confirmed
No problems to open zzip archives from the list file.
My 7zip.wcx path in the ini contains the commander_path variable
Using TC 8.01 x64 and 7zip version 0.7.6.5a: 2011-10-24
with Disk Dir Extended x64 from 23.03.2012.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, I'm using the same version but tested in TC8.01x32 and Windows XP SP3.

Hm-m, interesting test:
1. Start TC with clean INI.
2. Add DiskDirExtended.wcx for dir extension and 7Zip.wcx (v.0.7.5.0, PE header time stamp 16/12/2010 22:40:11 according to FileInfo information) for 7z one.
3. Locate 7z archive, test that TC is able to enter it.
4. Alt+F5, choose dir plugin, click Configure to ensure that archive listing is enabled, OK, OK.
5. Entire 7z archive is added into dir archive as a file instead of folder.

Note that in this example full paths w/o envvars are used, entire INI to reproduce:

Code: Select all

[PackerPlugins]
7z=E:\TOTALCMD\Plugins\Packer\7Zip\7Zip.wcx
dir=E:\TOTALCMD\Plugins\Packer\DiskDirExtended\DiskDirExtended.wcx
But in my working TC installation direct paths work fine (archive is expanded) but paths with envvars don't.

Here another test, Total7zip.wcx (v.0.8.5.0, time stamp 12/04/2011 19:58:32) is used to handle 7z archives. Archive expanding works fine with the following INI:

[PackerPlugins]
7z=E:\TOTALCMD\Plugins\Packer\Total7zip\Total7zip.wcx
But fails with the following one:

[PackerPlugins]
7z=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\Packer\Total7zip\Total7zip.wcx
While TC is able to enter archive in all cases.

Tested it with latest 7Zip.wcx (v.0.7.5.0 :? seems that developer forgot to change version info, time stamp 24/10/2011 18:53:22), same thing.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

MVV wrote:Well, I'm using the same version but tested in TC8.01x32 and Windows XP SP3.
Tested also with the x86 version of TC
No problems, 7zip archive contents are listed fine.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

It seems, that neither Ghisler's original DiskDir nor Diskdir Extended does not support Unicode filenames. The same problem with Konstantin Polyakov's similar plugin Catalog Maker.

As TC itself supports Unicode for already some years (since version 7.50, if I do nor mistake), it's a bit strange not to have at least one filelist maker plugin with Unicode support.

Christian Ghisler has stated two years ago, that he planned to port it to Unicode (prooflink: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=27959 ), but it seems, that he had no time to deal with it :(

Is the current state really so sorrowful or have I missed anything?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The problem is that files created this way would no longer be compatible with older version of the plugin.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2ghisler(Author)
The problem is that files created this way would no longer be compatible with older version of the plugin
Yes, you've already mentioned it in another topic I've referred to.
However I dare to ask, why should it be compatible this way? Everybody can download and install a new version of the plugin, am I right?

And if somebody is too lazy to upgrade (free of charge!) his version, why should you punish for it all other users, who has no any option to create a LST-"archive" (files list), although TC itself does support Unicode filenames?

Besides you could leave available the last version of non-Unicode version of the plugin too. Thus every user can choose himself, whether he wish a new Unicode version or a non-Unicode one, but compatible with older lists format.
Last edited by leopoldus on 2012-10-15, 18:27 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I think we can use Unicode lists with byte order marker. It is not a problem to convert it into ANSI for older versions. Or even UTF-8, they will be almost compatible with older versions (except some character sequences).
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

MVV wrote:I think we can use Unicode lists with byte order marker. It is not a problem to convert it into ANSI for older versions. Or even UTF-8, they will be almost compatible with older versions (except some character sequences).
You can also have LSTU or LSTW extensions that directly indicate if the file is utf8 or unicode-16. So all LST file will continue to be compatible with ansi plugin.

An option to "mount" inside Virtual Panel a kind of hierarchic list with a base folder could also be a nice way to handle it.

To produce such list it is always possible to use Branchview a %UL or %WL or search inside archives and Copy result to clipboard.... directly from TC and minor manipulations...
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Extension is not hardcoded so any user can use his own one.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2ghisler(Author)
Dear Author, what's your sentence for this issue we've discussed here a half of year ago? You have not even answered anything to the last posts. Have we any hope to get some solution?

For many users the option to create files lists with DiskDir was always one of greatest TC features, but since TC has become Unicode compatible, DiskDir became virtually useless for those of users, who actually use Unicode filenames :(
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately it's really a question of time - diskdir is written in Delphi, and I don't have any experience in porting a Delphi plugin to Unicode. It would take quite some time to support both UTF-16 and UTF-8.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Unfortunately it's really a question of time - diskdir is written in Delphi, and I don't have any experience in porting a Delphi plugin to Unicode. It would take quite some time to support both UTF-16 and UTF-8.
Thanks. So I dare to interpret your answer as a positive sentence (and may be even as a some kind of indirect promise :wink: Well, we'll hope to get our favorite DiskDir... somewhen, early or later...
kesdoputr

Post by *kesdoputr »

Here is a new plugin DiskDirW (Unicode) 1.1
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/diskdirw.html

It will create UTF-8(no BOM) list,but i found that

1.When i use F3 to view the list file with lister,the filename is correct.
2.Use ctrl+PgDn to enter the list file like archive,the filename is still can't show correct filenames.