Do you want a Spanish forum?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Yes, I want it and I will use it!
15%
No, please not another language forum!
47%
I don't care.
38%

Total votes: 89

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Some users have suggested that I add a Spanish forum. Since my knowledge of Spanish is very bad, a user will be made the moderator of that forum. I will not be able to post in this forum myself, so it will only be useful for user to user discussions.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Janus

Post by *Janus »

A couple of interesting and relevant links on the subject:

How many people speak each language either natively or as second language:
http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/worldlang.htm

Number of people ONLINE in each language zone:
http://www.glreach.com/globstats/index.php3

y olé! :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately these statistics don't say anything about the popularity of Total Commander in Spanish speaking countries, which seems to be quite low, at least when judging from the downloads on fileburst, and the number of registrations. So far only 5 Spanish speaking users have shown their interest, so I don't think that there is much need for a Spanish forum.
DKG

Post by *DKG »

I'm from Argentina, for those who doesn't know, YES we speak spanish!!! :D, but voted for "I don't care" because I think 3 forums are just enough for this site.
The people interested in a spanish forum can build one and let us know in this forum, or by a link on ghisler's site.

I've to confess, I'm not registered, but it's just because I don't have a credit card, I would pay whatever the license costs.

All you need is TC... if TC would be an OS, I'll quit windows.

Saludos...
Janus

I agree

Post by *Janus »

I have to agree with you, Christian. Five members don't warrant a new language forum, particularly considering that it's not a language you command.
Thanks for posting the poll, anyway.
Helix751

Spanish Forums

Post by *Helix751 »

Well, I'm from Chile, I have registered TC when it was v2.x and I consider it the nicest piece of s/w I have ever bought (and I really believe I should add "and will ever get").

I have installed it with Spanish language interface and I'm very happy with it, but as it concerns to the possibility to have a Spanish lang. Forum, I find it pointless if Christian does not post or even read the messages there.

I'll stick to the English Forum, because it already has a critical mass of posters, readers and members that make it a live and useful Forum.
Regards,
Sergio

TCmd license #12059
TC11.03x86/x64 | Win11 Pro
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

(I've voted but forgotten to include a text with my reasons)
I'm spanish and understand it better than english, of course.

However, I think it's much more preferable to unify the forums (I woud even stop the other forums).

I think 99% TC users can communicate in english (and would gladly forgive the other users' mistakes).

So, looking for something, I prefer to look for it in just one place. I even regret that maybe subjects that interest me are in the other languages forums and I'll never know it.
wheeler

Post by *wheeler »

I think there are even more Dutch speaking Totalcommander users as there are Spanish speaking ppl. I did vote no, three languages is making some discussion already to fragmented
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

wheeler wrote:I think there are even more Dutch speaking Totalcommander users as there are Spanish speaking ppl.
That seems rather improbable comparing the size of the Netherlands with Spain plus Southamerica and parts of Afrika.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Leif

Post by *Leif »

Sheepdog wrote:
wheeler wrote:I think there are even more Dutch speaking Totalcommander users as there are Spanish speaking ppl.
That seems rather improbable comparing the size of the Netherlands with Spain plus Southamerica and parts of Afrika.

sheepdog
Well, judging by the activities in a forum like e.g. Messenger Plus! - http://msgplus.mybboard.com/index.php - I'd wouldn't be surprised if it boiled down to say 50-50 between the Dutch and the Spanish speaking members. The Dutch seem to be VERY active ...
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Maybe the Dutch write more (in the English forum) because more Dutch user are able to write English than Spanish user. I don't know this for sure just a thought. If this is true the current activity shouldn't be used as an argument...
wheeler

Post by *wheeler »

that's true... but what I see with this forum devided in three parts some important information is spreaded. Like the topic about the ipod plugin is spreaded in english and french while the author is german speaking. For me it makes it difficult to get my information although I can read English, German and (un petit peute) French.
Proud Total Commander 6 registered user!
tosbsas

Post by *tosbsas »

I am in Argentina too, but I speak german and english as well so for me no need - what you could do is ask some of the members who know the language if they would be willing to stand and answer questions of spanish only speakers - I would be willing - maybe an avatar although I don't know much (of TC)

Ruben
A New Generation transformed by the Power of God
isidro

Post by *isidro »

I'm from argentina too, and voted no. Most Latin-Spanish users don't buy any software, most of LA-SP software users domain at least technical english, and post in english, there are a huge SP community in USA as well, they don't care to post in english. I think that there are more post in Dutch because they probably don't domain english as well as we do. Here, you can't be an engeneer if you don't domain english, in other european countries you can. It would be better to have only one language for the forum (english)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would agree to a Durch and Spanish forum under the condition that there would be at least one moderator per forum. The moderator would
- check the forum for illegal links
- calm down people who insult each other
- ask a question which cannot be solved in the subforum in English in the English forum.

Would anyone be willing to moderate such a forum?