using command line to trigger zip function

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

garrychu

using command line to trigger zip function

Post by *garrychu »

Could any body can tell me did the total commander can use command to trigger zip/upzip files ??

If yes, could you please post a example ??

Thank you very much !!!!
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but when you install TC it associates .ZIP files with itself, and the command shown in the registry is as follows:
  • "\Program Files\Total Commander\cecmd.exe" "%1"
The quotation marks are necessary because of the spaces, and %1 is the placeholder for the name of the .zip file. The command makes TC start and open the .zip file. I've managed to create shortcuts that issue the command for a specific .zip, but I suppose if you have a way of bringing up a command prompt, you could actually key in the command manually. On my Jornada 565, if you hold down the action key and tap and hold at the top left corner of the screen, a command prompt like that will come up.

Gerry
garrychu

Post by *garrychu »

I creating a program which require to zip/unzip file.
So, i require a command to zip/unzip the files in EVB.
Could any body give some advice about this case?
garrychu

Post by *garrychu »

Or

Can use any argument to unzip/zip file??
for example "cmced.exe a.zip a.txt"
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, TC/CE isn't a command line packer, sorry. It's a purely interactive tool. But I can send you my EVB sources for zipping and unzipping if you want, just contact me by e-mail.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

For users as myself with no real knowledge of using source files and such, there are extra tools like PocketRAR and EzyUnzip - not sure of their command line features, I gotta admit, I stopped using them when I installed PTC, but at least freeware, too. :wink:
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Since there are no batch files on Windows CE, a command line interface wouldn't be very useful, that's why probably almost no programs support them.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Re: Command line interface

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Since there are no batch files on Windows CE, a command line interface wouldn't be very useful, that's why probably almost no programs support them.
True. Perhaps someone could develop a third-party program which would allow the user to write batch commands. For example, I'd like to be able to routinely copy a particular set of files in a folder of my PDA's main memory to a storage card folder just by tapping on a single icon. I suppose macros could accomplish this, but so far I haven't seen any programs with user-definable macros.

Gerry