Touchscreen sometimes disabled, maybe related to TC 2.0

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

NCJuenger

Touchscreen sometimes disabled, maybe related to TC 2.0

Post by *NCJuenger »

I encountered a strange effect on my tablet. It occured first when installing 2.0beta1 and disappeared after returning to 1.3 release.

Then recently after updating from 1.3 to 2.01 the tablets touch screen locked sometimes once again. I searched the forums for an 1.3 release messages and downloaded & installed the 1.3 again. And currently don't have any touchscreen problems anymore.

The issue occurs when returning from standby. The display is up to date but can not be operated. Usually when entering standby and returning (by using the "power"-switch) the issue was resolved.

I am still unsure whether this effect is really caused by or related to TC 2.0 at all but I just wanted to mention it.

The tablet is a Toshiba AT200, running ICS (4.0.3)

Currently, I will continue using 1.3. :wink:

(Conversation can also be in german, my native language.)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's indeed very strange - I don't currently see how this could be caused by Total Commander. Does it happen only after using certain new functions, e.g. the media player or drag&drop?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
NCJuenger

Post by *NCJuenger »

TC 2.0 was not even running when the touch screen lock ups happened. The media player or drag&drop hadn't been used.

If am the only one experiencing this problem, this error is probably related to other software or even the tablet hardware.

If the problem still occurs despite having version 1.3 or when I find time to narrow the problem I will post again.

It was just a bit strange that the lock ups only happened when version 2.0 was installed. But this may be just have been purely coincidental.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If it happens again, please use a task killer to check whether TC is running in the background (e.g. the freeware advanced task killer).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com