CloudWFX is out! (SkyDrive WFX plugin) [Updated: 2013/06/10]

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

KuttKatrea

CloudWFX is out! (SkyDrive WFX plugin) [Updated: 2013/06/10]

Post by *KuttKatrea »

Hi, all.

I've been working in a plugin for cloud services, and this is the first launch including support only for SkyDrive.

This plugin is still beta, but I need help to test it out in a real environment so, anyone ready to try it is welcome.

The plugin is written in a combination of C++ (The plugin bridge) and C# (the cloud services library) so it need to have at least Windows XP SP3 (untested) and Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0

The official page for the plugin is at:

http://projects.kgdesignes.net/cloudwfx

Any information and downloads regarding this plugin can be found there.

Any comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome.
Last edited by KuttKatrea on 2013-06-11, 04:54 UTC, edited 6 times in total.
~ Build up ~
iana

Post by *iana »

Could you compile this under VS2010 as 2012 doesn't support XP or don't link it to the msvcrt110.dll, cos you said requirements #net 4 not 4.5
Obviously besides .Net 4+ this needs VS2012 C runtime

if you're using managed C++ could you compile it with /MT instead of /MD but still I'm not sure that even then your plugin it would work under XP.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi,

I'm running TC 8.01 32 bit on Win 7 x64. I've installed both VC2012 Redist x86 and x64 to resolve WFX dependency. However, when trying to open CloudWFX in Network, it does not react or open.
Could it be that the two accompanying dll's are 32 bit only?

Regards, EricB

Edit: will test later on Win7 x32.
Last edited by EricB on 2013-01-04, 12:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ADv

Post by *ADv »

Plugin don't want to install. Say that he need some dlls in my system. .NET 4 is here... What else?
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi Adv,

VC2012 Redist (can be found at Microsoft) did the trick for me, at least for installation. Plugin does currently not run for me.

Regards, EricB
Regards, EricB
ADv

Post by *ADv »

EricB wrote:Hi Adv,

VC2012 Redist (can be found at Microsoft) did the trick for me, at least for installation. Plugin does currently not run for me.

Regards, EricB
I've installed it also. The same problem: dll is missing :(
iana

Post by *iana »

I've installed it also. The same problem: dll is missing Sad
Copy the msvcrt110.dll in the zip or somewhere in the %Path% btw this redist works only on Vista+ not on XP, you guys with Vista+ systems install .net 4.5 that maybe the issue.

is this plugin going support XP?
Well according to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Studio_2012#Visual_Studio_2012 XP support was reintroduced with VC2012SP1 Runtime I'll install that and retry this plugin.
you can get the runtime here (32 & 64)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
iana

Post by *iana »

I got it working on XPSP3
How?
first install vc2012sp1 runtime
then install the plugin
the next step is a bit tricky: Open the plugin and create a folder within the plugin it will ask what service to use (atm only skydrive) use your hotmail account to logg-in.

I don't know if it's by design or not but I can't access my private skydrive folders (shared favorites), can this be added or is it a limitation by microsoft?
I created a folder and copied/moved/deleted files with this plugin, tanks a lot.

And a feature request, how about adding mediafire support?
they have 50GiB of free storage compared with 7GiB Microsoft, 5GiB google and only 2GiB dropbox. They offer an api to their service
http://developers.mediafire.com/index.php/Main_Page
KuttKatrea

Post by *KuttKatrea »

At the moment, the Shared folders can't be accessed through the API, so they can't be managed yet.

To anyone who couldn't get this plugin working, I updated the installation instructions (thanks to iana), please try them and tell us if it worked.

I'm checking the MediaFire API, and adding it to the Future list.

I'm also uploading an update with various fixes.

Thanks to all.
~ Build up ~
EricB

Post by *EricB »

I can confirm the latest version (20130104b) is now running on both Win 7 x64 and Win 7 x86 in combination with TC x32 8.01. Nice work!
Also the makeover of the website looks good to me.

Regards, EricB
Regards, EricB
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sounds great! Unfortunately I cannot run it because of this missing DLL. Could you please recompile it without this requirement? It's actually quite simple, and shouldn't make the plugin that much larger, but it's a bit hard to find:

1. Open the project in visual studio
2. Go to the project properties
3. Open the configuration settings - C++
4. Go to "Code generation"
5. There is an option runtime library set to "Multithreaded DLL (/MD)".

-> Change this to "Multithreaded (/MT)".

The "DLL" in the above option does not mean that you want to create a DLL. It means that the plugin will load the C++ functions from an external DLL!

Btw, how do you handle the login via Windows Live?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
KuttKatrea

Post by *KuttKatrea »

EricB

Thanks, I'm glad you like my work.

ghisler

I'm sorry, but I can't change that because the plugin dll uses mixed code (managed and unmanaged) so it requires being compiled with /MD.

Do you have installed C++ Runtime 2012 and .Net 4? I tried in a fresh installation of WinXPSP3 and works fine.

All the processing with SkyDrive is done by the "CloudAPI.Net" library I intend to release alone eventually, and that is done in C#/.Net 4. I use a WinForm with a Browser component to display the OAuth 2.0 login of SkyDrive as the REST API Documentation states.

Internally, the CloudAPI lib, has two services "CloudGroup" and "SkyDrive". The CloudGroup service, is virtual: just allows me to have folders who act as containers for another services (SkyDrive).

The CloudGroup service at the root, manages the Auth Tokens of the services it contains, and redirects the requests for files and folders to the service, with the indicated token.
~ Build up ~
KuttKatrea

Post by *KuttKatrea »

I uploaded an update that corrects a problem when the CloudWFX application is deauthorized from SkyDrive.

When CloudWFX can't authenticate with the old token, it closes Total Commander unexpectedly.

Also, I ask you for suggestion on what other service to implement first. candidates are:
- Dropbox
- Box
- Google Drive
- Mediafire
- Other?

Regards
~ Build up ~
Albert0

Post by *Albert0 »

before Dropbox
Thank you

Also, I ask you for suggestion on what other service to implement first. candidates are:
- Dropbox
- Box
- Google Drive
- Mediafire
- Other?

Regards[/quote]
pajo

Post by *pajo »

Google DRIVE :-)

KuttKatrea wrote:I uploaded an update that corrects a problem when the CloudWFX application is deauthorized from SkyDrive.

When CloudWFX can't authenticate with the old token, it closes Total Commander unexpectedly.

- Dropbox
- Box
- Google Drive
- Mediafire
- Other?

Regards