Error Message 'Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.'

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

usver

Error Message 'Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.'

Post by *usver »

Hallo!
I am using Total Commander 2.0.1 on rooted Chinese phone with CPU MTK6589 and Android 4.2.1.

I constantly get system error messages "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.", when performing in TC following operations: copying/deleting/renaming multimedia files (.jpg, .mp3, .mkv) on SD card; renaming folders on SD card. The error message pops up after operation is completed.

Operations with other file types (non-multimedia) perform flawlessly without any error messages. Operations with multimedia files in phone memory do not raise errors also.
There are no error messages, when performing described operations with multimedia files and folders using other file managers.

I guess, TC sends a message to OS about multimedia content changes, and OS cannot process this message correctly.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander tells the system to refresh the media player database whenever you copy or move a media file, or rename a folder. This is necessary because otherwise the files are not visible in the standard player. It's possible that you have a damaged audio or video file on your system which causes the media player database to crash.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com