FEATURE: folder browse/navigate pane-sync

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

andwan0

FEATURE: folder browse/navigate pane-sync

Post by *andwan0 »

Possible to have a "synchronized" folder browse/navigation across multiple panes within distinct folder trees. (Ie, I have a mirrored folder structure from my HDD-sub-folder to my USB-HD. Left-pane shows HDD-sub-folder set. Right-pane shows USB-HD folder set. When I navigate in left-pane, the right-pane auto-navigates/browse too. Ofcourse if folder doesn't exist then it'll flash/warn, etc. to say out-of-sync.)

This is generally useful when I want to do a complete overhaul folder/file restructure. Currently at the moment, when I do a complete overhaul folder/file restructure on HDD, then later it's so difficult to remember what I changed to reflect USB-HDD. A folder-compare is slower resolution in any case (when we are dealing with gigabytes of files.) And plus, sometimes I don't want to include ALL large files on my USB-HDD, etc...
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

cm_SyncChangeDir (as command for a button or assigned to a hotkey)?

Regards
Holger
andwan0

Post by *andwan0 »

HolgerK wrote:cm_SyncChangeDir (as command for a button or assigned to a hotkey)?

Regards
Holger
Thanks, how do I use this command?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

On hte command line, in the button bar, the start menu or as a hotkey via Configuration - Options - Misc.

I recommend that you (also) add a button because it shows you when the function is active.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
andwan0

Post by *andwan0 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:On hte command line, in the button bar, the start menu or as a hotkey via Configuration - Options - Misc.

I recommend that you (also) add a button because it shows you when the function is active.
This command is SO AWESOME!!! when was this feature added??? and who requested it? (wonder if it was me years ago :P)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

HISTORY.TXT wrote:New in Version 5.0 Final (21.01.02):
- Internal command cm_SyncChangeDir makes Commander change to the directory of the same name also in the other window
:D
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Funny how one is getting old with TC.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
robbykrlos

Re: FEATURE: folder browse/navigate pane-sync

Post by *robbykrlos »

Thanks for this thread! Very nice & useful.