Bug (?) with ieview and folder view

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Janus

Bug (?) with ieview and folder view

Post by *Janus »

Hi, I just finished installing the ieview plugin (and it's already one of my favorites!)
I love the thumbnails and the chance to "peep" into directories without opening them. Great plugin!
BUT ... :D
There is always a "but"
I can't get the plugin to "remember" the view that I prefer in each folder. Windows seems to have some default settings about how to show certain directories, according to the type and the amount of files in each directory (please correct me if I'm wrong :( )
Sometimes I agree with Windows, but sometimes I don't. So I would like to change the "view" for a certain directory (say, from "thumbnails" to "list"). Unfortunately, I have not been able to make ieview remember which view I want for each folder. I have tried many things. Opening, showing the folder, closing, etc. I even OPENED Windows Explorer (boy, I hadn't used it in the longest time! :lol: ) and went to the "Options" there to see if I could get Windwos to "remember" the view. Well, it does remember it in Windows Explorer, but unfortunately not in ieview.
I guess therefore, this is a bug (?)
Has anyone experienced this behaviour?
I'm running TC 6.02 and ieview 1.0 beta 4.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 21-03-2004 07:06:27 +0000 Janus wrote:

J> I can't get the plugin to "remember" the view that I prefer
J> in each folder.

[^Y]
J> I guess therefore, this is a bug (?)
J> Has anyone experienced this behaviour?

Yep, the same thing here. I don't know is it a bug or not, but IEView has never remembered view mode for particular folder under any system I use it (NT4, NT5, NT5.2 and M$IE 6.0). I don't know is it a bug or just a lack of functionality, but it is definitely very inconvenient.
BTW, you can post a comment on TOTALCMD.NET IEView page, may be Yuri can explain this odd behavior of his masterpiece.[/face]