Beautiful Icons for TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Janus

Beautiful Icons for TC

Post by *Janus »

Here is a link to the best looking set(s) of FREE icons I have found on the Internet.
Faux Icons

(page is big, so it takes some time to load, be patient ..)

For those who want to "embellish" :) the look of Total Commander, I strongly recommend those icons.

Thanks to Paul Boyer for creating such beautiful sets and posting them for free download.

Enjoy! :D
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

Indeed they are beautiful, the only problem I see is that you can only see their beauty when you use the larger sizes 48x48 and above.
Unfortunatley TC is limited to 16x16 and 32x32.

:(

That has been my grief, now, most of the new icon sets are designed for WinXP and I have seen "icons" up to 128x128 therefore completely unusable for our purpose.
Maybe you sould take a look at something less "XP" oriented like :
http://www.blueskyheart.com/

:wink:
Memo to Boss : No TC, No Work
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2lzvk25
Unfortunatley TC is limited to 16x16 and 32x32.
You can useup to 64x64 icons in the buttonbar if you want.
Clo

Same size at all...

Post by *Clo »

2lzvk25
(Lefteous) "You can use up to 64x64 icons in the buttonbar if you want."
:)   Hi !
.... But all bars at the same size currently if you have several ones.
• With a pinch of luck, you could find a lot of threads about these problems with the Search...

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

BTW: the Amber and Cobalt collections can't be downlaoded... :( Even after correcting the link (xyz.ip to xyz.zip)...

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

(Lefteous) "You can use up to 64x64 icons in the buttonbar if you want."
More than 32x32 Icons ? I do not think it would work, unless you only have the default icons and a extremely high screen resolution.

Normally I work with a screen resolution of 1024x768 with small fonts and I like to put the most important commands or applications represented with an icon on the button bar, these icons are size 24, and logically I found that as soon as I start to put commands or applications in my button bars, then, soon I run out of space and I need another button bar. I already have 2 button bars. Now, imagine how funny would TC look like if I start using even bigger icons.

:shock:
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hacker wrote:BTW: the Amber and Cobalt collections can't be downlaoded... :( Even after correcting the link (xyz.ip to xyz.zip)...
I don't know if the link is broken or not (haven't test it, sorry) but the .ip extension must be correct. Most of these icon sets have been designed for a software called IconPackager (by Stardock) than can accept icon sets both in .zip format and .ip (I guess "ip" stands for IconPackager here).

You can though explore the contents of a .ip file by pressing Ctrl+PgDown on it with TC.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Clo

Threads about the topic---

Post by *Clo »

2lzvk25
:)   Hi again!
• Please, have a look here:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2702&highlight=buttonbar
... and also there:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2686&highlight=buttonbar
• You may get a lot of icons for free from my Web page (button below here) >> TC page >> English. Not "beautiful (though...), but numerous and explicit.
• A small included collection as 48*48 allows you to make a test (but like I told above, ALL icons in BOTH bars will be in the same size).

:mrgreen:   Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Janus

Post by *Janus »

BTW: the Amber and Cobalt collections can't be downlaoded... Even after correcting the link (xyz.ip to xyz.zip)...
Yes, sorry, Roman, I realized that after my post. Some time ago they were downloadable, I don't know what happened.
Anyway, I have them in .rar format if anyone wants them. I don't have an FTP to upload them but I can send them by e-mail if you want to.
Please contact me to tcforum(at)mailhub.com.ar
The size of the rar files is about 2 MB, but I can split them for e-mail purposes if needed.
If someone here has an FTP and wants to upload them, just ask.

Regards,
Janus
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

2Clo

Thanks, I gonna try with those parameters.
:D
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Panos,
I don't know if the link is broken or not (haven't test it, sorry) but the .ip extension must be correct. Most of these icon sets have been designed for a software called IconPackager (by Stardock) than can accept icon sets both in .zip format and .ip (I guess "ip" stands for IconPackager here).
Might be, but all the other files were zips.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
GADO

Post by *GADO »

I have done some icons for my own usage . You might find them here :

http://www.wincmd.as.ro/index.php?path=TOTAL+COMMANDER%2FICONS/

In case someone wants to see another style , e.g mac-like icons etc. Just ask ;) have a nice day all.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

GADO wrote:I have done some icons for my own usage . You might find them here :

In case someone wants to see another style , e.g mac-like icons etc. Just ask ;) have a nice day all.
Great collection of icons! Thanks!

Is there a way to have a single file with all of them included?

One more thing. Could you consider creating a replacement set (or sets) for the standard button bar icons also? Thanks!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
cHiNgaChg00k

Post by *cHiNgaChg00k »

Nice, thanx a lot for the beautiful icons 8)
GADO

Post by *GADO »

pdavit wrote:

Great collection of icons! Thanks!

Is there a way to have a single file with all of them included?

One more thing. Could you consider creating a replacement set (or sets) for the standard button bar icons also? Thanks!

Uhm infact yes ..... well ok i add one today. Actualy i intended to add more sets and then pack them :) As for the button bars , yes i sertainly intend to do so.