[WDX] PCREsearch

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [WDX] PCREsearch

Post by *milo1012 »

angel wrote: 2022-01-28, 07:25 UTC Lets clear some misleading info about dynamic text search:
Like I said, for me (and nsp and probably others) the word "dynamic" in context of wdx plug-ins would mean: the plug-in is dynamically configured. But this is not the case: all three (including mine with oit enabled) do the same: return filtered text to TC - no matter what you enter in the text/search box: they return the same raw text string for a file. Only TC itself will then do the search with it's own search mechanism "dynamically".
What you meant is a dynamic search per se, which means that the whole plug-in mechanism behind that appears transparent for the user.
In any case, I think this particular topic can be closed.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

@milo1012 in v2.5 you added search in the filenames only, would it be possible to add "search in file comments" (descript.ion) as well?
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
Skif_off

Post by *Skif_off »

hi5 wrote: 2023-06-15, 22:08 UTCsearch in the filenames only
Feature for columns.
If you want to search, why not built-in "tc" plugin? I mean Search in plugins > Plugin: tc > Property: comment > OP: regex.
Seyran_72

Post by *Seyran_72 »

hi5 wrote: 2023-06-15, 22:08 UTC @milo1012 in v2.5 you added search in the filenames only, would it be possible to add "search in file comments" (descript.ion) as well?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12zyy5AOmTmMpJ1NGZAXPsy7qZR3p7olX/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r6VHGh2HK_oHbiujg-xNVQXhhHV910tu/view
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

Skif_off/Seyran_72 I know about the builtin feature and use it already to color various types of file comments, but with PCREsearch you can do a replacement as well and use the output in a new column (for sorting)

In my example: I have certain codes _somewhere_ in a file comment, I would use PCREsearch to move these to the "beginning" of the comment so I can sort on it when I need to (just temporary, so I don't want to alter the file comment itself)
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

hi5 wrote: 2023-06-15, 22:08 UTC, would it be possible to add "search in file comments" (descript.ion) as well?
It's not a bad idea (if you want to do sorting like you said, otherwise TC has the built in feature for searching comments), but I don't think I can do this easily: the wdx interface does not give me information about the file comments or the comment(s) string itself.

The only thing I get from TC is "return field X for file y". So I have to look for a "file comment" file in the target dir for myself and even parse it! Considering the tons of different filenames, formats, encodings for the comments, I really don't want to do this myself. If someone knows an easy way for how I can get TC to return them, sure, I might add it. But for now I don't see a way.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

I see, thanks for the details - I thought it was worth asking, perhaps getting access to a file comment text can be added to the WDX interface at some point.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Oracle Outside In Technology - 8.5.7 - 18.10.2023

Login required for download!
  1. Content Access 8.5.7 - 18.10.2023 | V1037896-01.zip
    [WDX] PCREsearch as of version 2.5 | TC as of version 9.0

2. Viewer Technology 8.5.7 - 18.10.2023 | V1037932-01.zip
  3. OutsideIn_8.5.7_Supported_File_Formats

as an answer to
milo1012 wrote: 2013-09-13, 14:35 UTC PCREsearch 2.5

RegEx content plug-in with Unicode support, 32+64 bit
- based on Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE) library 8.39
This plug-in may replace TC's RegEx engine for file content.
As of version 2.5 you can also use it for searching in filenames.
As of version 2.5 there is support for the Oracle Outside In Technology Content Access filters. <---
When installed and working, those filters will provide an additional powerful Unicode capable fulltext search for TC 9.0 and above
(on top of the text filter capability for the normal plug-in operation).
Last edited by tuska on 2023-10-24, 10:59 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

This condition completely kills the very essence of using this new set of libraries.
Essentially - whether you posted this news or not - the result is the same = VOID. If only you had uploaded the files yourself!
Then there would be a benefit. Otherwise, only one of the chosen ones is allowed to download from there. For example,
all users from Russia are passing by.
#146217 personal license
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

AntonyD wrote: 2023-10-24, 11:52 UTC
This condition completely kills the very essence of using this new set of libraries.
Essentially - whether you posted this news or not - the result is the same = VOID. If only you had uploaded the files yourself!
Then there would be a benefit. Otherwise, only one of the chosen ones is allowed to download from there. For example,
The Oracle Login was always required for downloading their files.
You can't provide their files on any other media, which is completely normal.
There is no restriction to get a free Oracle Account, everyone is allowed to create one.
They don't spam you with advertising or any other mails after creating an account.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AntonyD wrote: 2023-10-24, 11:52 UTC
I am sorry to hear that. :(

I think that if I uploaded it, I would be contradicting the "Oracle License Agreement" terms.
Unfortunately, I cannot help here.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

There is no restriction to get a free Oracle Account
As I said - RU country is behind the border according to their Agreements...
So there IS the restrictions sadly....

One thing is good - the Internet is large and you can always find another place
where someone will post exactly these necessary files...
Last edited by AntonyD on 2023-10-24, 16:54 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#146217 personal license
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

Unfortunately, I cannot help here.
don't worry! it's ok, we already used to....
#146217 personal license