How do I use this?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

robinsiebler

How do I use this?

Post by *robinsiebler »

There don't seem to be any docs and I'm not that familiar with using plugins. How do I use this? :?:
ben hub

Post by *ben hub »

if you can read french have a look here
Benoît
# 4081
robinsiebler

Nope

Post by *robinsiebler »

I'm afraid I only speak English. I'll try the Google translator and see if that works...
Geoffrey

Post by *Geoffrey »

2robinsiebler:
First, there are currently 3 kinds of plugins: the "packer", the "file system" and the "lister" plugins.

Packer plugins are used to see a file like an archive, and browse its content as if the file was a directory. That's what TC does with archives, like .zip files. To add a plugin, you need to go to Configuration/Options menu, choose the "packer" tab, and "Configure packer extension DLLs", then associate a packer plugin (usually .wcx) with a file extension.

File system plugins have various usages. They can be used to get info on your system, to send/get emails (André Martin), or even browse the Internet (Fabiochelly), and lots of other things. They add a "network path" that you can then browse. To add a FS plugin, select the "Operation" tab of the configuration window, and then select the plugin you want to add (.wfs).

Lister plugins are used to better visualize specific files (either using the lister or the QuickView panel). To add one, select the "Edit/View" tab, then "Configure internal viewer", "LS plugins", and finally choose the plugin you want to add (.wlx).

Hope this helps
Geoffrey