Close Locked Tab

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Re: My idea

Post by *pdavit »

Clo wrote:I don't like tabs...
Then practically you don’t like the configuration section of the majority of applications! :D :D :D
Last edited by pdavit on 2004-05-16, 18:17 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Clo

A gratuitous supposition

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
:) Hi Panos !
• Where did you see that ? In a crystal bowl ?   :lol:

* It's a gratuitous supposition. You don't know what is installed in my PCs, and in which way it's installed.

:mrgreen:  R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Leif

Re: My idea

Post by *Leif »

pdavit wrote:
Clo wrote:I don't like tabs...
The practically you don’t like the configuration section of the majority of applications! :D :D :D
Could you please stop this. Don't start another quarrel. Evidently he does not like the tabs in Total Commander. That's one thing and that is his opinion. The configuration sections in other applications is something completely different. He never voiced an opinion on those! Please stop bickering! Thank you, all! We're all here to help each other and to get answers to our questions, right?!
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hey! That wasn't an attack on Clo! See the three smiling faces? ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

pdavit wrote:Hey! That wasn't an attack on Clo! See the three smiling faces? ;)
Do you perhaps live near Delphi? :lol:
Your jokes sometime so 'miraculous' or should I say 'delphisch'? :wink:
Now I got it: Most of all applications configuration is subdivided by Tabs.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

New Conf is great !

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
:) Hello Stefan !
Most of all applications configuration is subdivided by Tabs
¤ It was true, but less and lesss... The new configuration in TC resigned the tabs, and I applause !
* In fact, it's much easier to add items in the active list of settings (for me in Tutorials, that needs one "map" instead one "map" per item !). I don't know about the codes in the program, but it seems more flexible, I guess…
* Many softwares have the same list-system for a long while, i.e. : XnView. Our friend Nyam told that he (?) plans to change the Options of "Imagine" in this way.
* Obviously, I meant the folder-tabs, like they are currently; it's the subject here.
:mrgreen:  Friendly,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Hi Claude,

I think pdavit wanted to make a joke. I guess he doesn't care if you like Tabs or not whether in TC nor in application configuration.

His sort of humour is not strange but very hidden or as I wrote 'miraculous' like the 'Orakel of Delphi'. You have to think twice (or even more) to get the joke.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
Clo

City and language---

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
Hi Stefan,
- Mixing Delphi (the city and its famous Oracle) and Delphi™ as the programmation language is pretty confusing ! :lol:
• I can understand, however... I've some neurons remaining in my old brain still... :P
• Coming back to the problem of a non-ambiguous string when you ask for delete tabs, I think that "Kill All" isn't so bad, isn't it ?
:mrgreen: Good night, friendly,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-05-18, 00:53 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

> Do you perhaps live near Delphi?

You can see where I live... oh, now I've got the joke! :D

> Now I got it: Most of all applications configuration is subdivided by Tabs.

Exactly!! That was my not-so-hidden sarcastic juke! ;)

At least someone can understand my humour! I have to admit though that the sarcastic type of jokes are frequently misunderstood. So, sorry if I've given the wrong impression here.

> I guess he doesn't care if you like Tabs or not...

It's not so much a "caring" issue here since tabs on TC are not fixed but configurable visibly. Blondes, brunets, redheads... you pick! ;)
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

pdavit wrote: At least someone can understand my humour! I have to admit though that the sarcastic type of jokes are frequently misunderstood. So, sorry if I've given the wrong impression here.
Now I will read your postings twice -or better I will think about it twice and will also look for the emoticons.
Perhaps I'm a little bit misleaded because a few users take smileys to hide their attacs as jokes.

kind regards

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Each language has jokes that one might call double entendres...

I'd be lost in any language other than English, but I got the Delphi/Delphi joke immediately... only because I program in Delphi and visited Delphi when I was a student.

Never met the Oracle, though. I liked the SQL server better and tipped him accordingly, after my meal.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric