SystemInfo 2.8

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nigurrath

SystemInfo 2.8

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi all,
here -again, sorry- a new version of SystemInfo, now I added all my whishes to this program and for a while I'm not planning to add other things, except unforeseen bugs..

The version 2.8 has essentially only two modifications
2.8 Feb 2003
+ now the list of installed programs is alphabetically sorted
+ now the vxd file is created on-demand from internal resources (ide21201.vxd, a virtual drive used to catch physical Hard disk geometric information on Windows 9x/ME systems) and deleted after usage. The main advantage is that DigTheSystem is now a standalone program!

--------------------------------------------------------

You can find the .zip at the following URL

http://web.cefriel.it/~frumento/uploads/Programs/wlx_SystemInfo.zip

at the moment this is the list of the informations this wlx extension is able to read
http://web.cefriel.it/~frumento/uploads/Programs/systeminfo_ObtainedInformations.txt

or even directly at my programs page
http://web.cefriel.it/~frumento/uploads/Programs/index.html
always latest 32b TC on a WIN10 64b
Snowbear

Post by *Snowbear »

i have installed that Plugin and i always get this error:

If you can see this SystemInfo.wlx cannot find the TNTSI.DLL!
Try to copy it in the TC installation path

hos can i solve that ?
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

Ok, I forgot to change the error message, because the TNTSI.DLL isn't still used. The program should work without external files.

One question: the standalone program DigTheSystem works for you? If it is the problem is the wlx installation into TC

check the wincmd.ini configuration file should be like this one..

[ListerPlugins]
1=c:\wincmd\LS-plugin\SystemInfo.wlx

where you have to proper modify the path to the .wlx file, and the ordinal number of the wlx itself (pay attention to it also, there must not be any duplicates in this section).

Before using TC with modified values you should close and restart the program.
Snowbear

Post by *Snowbear »

OK now it works nice plugin tHx
waelder

Problem with WinNT4

Post by *waelder »

:cry: Only get a popup window with

Loader Error:
The procedure entry point SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetailA could not be located in dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll

My environment: WinNT4 SP6a, IE6 SP1, TCMD 5.50 (4.11.2002)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

According to Microsoft Developer Network, this function requires Windows 2000 and later, or Windows 98 and later. It's not available in Windows 95 and NT.

2Nigurrath
Could you load this function dynamically via LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bago

Post by *bago »

There is a problem with the size of the variables: look at the negative value for my Total Page File

Code: Select all

VI. MEMORY 
 Total Physical RAM: 133,730,304 bytes
 Free Physical RAM: 41,103,360 bytes
 Total Page File: -2,026,115,072 bytes
 Free Page File: 1,992,970,240 bytes
 Total Virtual Memory: 2,147,352,576 bytes
 Free Virtual Memory: 2,115,174,400 bytes
License #55385
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

@waelder
I found the point where the error is. I'll correct it and release a new version working on WIn95/NT too.
Because I would like to leave the wlx the only file I'll dynamically load it only on supported systems.

@bago
it's extremely strange? it's the first time it happens to me. Which is your configuration (OS and SP)? All the other values are correct?
bago

Post by *bago »

Nigurrath wrote:@bago
it's extremely strange? it's the first time it happens to me. Which is your configuration (OS and SP)? All the other values are correct?
Here is the VIII section from your tool :)

Code: Select all

VIII. OS INFORMATION:
 BuildNumber:   2600
 Platform:       (Professional)
 MinorVersion:  5.01
 ServicePack:   Service Pack: 1
I have defined 2 pagefiles of 1 GB each ones in 2 different drives.
Total memory is over 2GBs and probably it cannot be represented with a signed 4 byte int. You should use an unsigned variable but you will have a 4GB limit... or you can use bigger variables for this. (It could even be the system call you're using that are missing the value)
License #55385
Nigurrath

SystemInfo 2.9

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi all,
here's the new version 2.9 which should fix all the above problems

Direct Download

Readme.txt
http://web.cefriel.it/~frumento/uploads/Programs/systeminfo_readme.txt

Here below the history of this version. Tell me if there are further problems

2.9 Feb 2003
- fixed the COM ports enumeration were not working on WindowsNT and 95, because I used a function introduced only from Windows98 (SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetail contained in SETUPAPI.dll).
+ added, due to the above fix I rewrote the COM ports enumeration routine and added a lot of interesting informations (baudrate, control flow, byte-parity-stopbit, them are the default parameters)
- fixed the memory information for large partitions or page file are wrong. Now the limit is 2GB for each voice,because of a limitation of the Win32 API. There's a new API working fine, but has been introduced only with Windows 2000.
+ now the memory informations are more readable, and I also included the current memory usage
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

@bago
as you can see from the previous post the main problems arose from the usage of too short data container, but also from the limitation of the used API (GlobalMemoryStatus) which returns only DWORD, so the limit is 2GB

this is taken from MSDN
On Intel x86 computers with more than 2 GB and less than 4 GB of memory, the GlobalMemoryStatus function will always return 2 GB in the dwTotalPhys member of the MEMORYSTATUS structure. Similarly, if the total available memory is between 2 and 4 GB, the dwAvailPhys member of the MEMORYSTATUS structure will be rounded down to 2 GB. If the executable is linked using the /LARGEADDRESSWARE linker option, then the GlobalMemoryStatus function will return the correct amount of physical memory in both members.
Unfortunately VC60 doesn't recognise the mentioned linker option so much probably is something introduced in VS.NET.

On the other hand the other API GlobalMemoryStatusEx works only for Windows 2000 and later, so at the moment I not used it.

Suggestions are welcome of course :P :P
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

I saw a little bug on some PCs enumerating COM ports, could someone tell me what happens in his PC. On PCs I have sometime works fine, someother not..I'm trying to understand why???
Nigurrath

SystemInfo 2.8.1

Post by *Nigurrath »

There an update, solving another little issue of the version 2.8 (a duplicate printing of the same information)

You can take the version 2.8.1 at the following url

Reports to me bugs on malfunctioning you experience. :roll:
waelder

Post by *waelder »

Hi Nigurrath,
just installed Version 2.9.1 and it works on NT4, thanks :D . What I found is that the Ethernet NIC is apure random number (on Win98, WinNT and WinXP).

Some nice to have infos:
:arrow: uptime
:arrow: install date

Both are display by the Sysinternals PSINFO program.
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

@waelder

Hi,
humm, thee infos you requested are quite simple to add and effectively really interesting. I placed them in my personal whish list. A next release is foreseen for the next week (depending on the weather on the weekend :lol: :lol: )
For the NIC number, I didn't notice this problem, anyway I know another way to take that number, so I'll try it!