Total Commander 8.52 beta test starting!

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Total Commander 8.52 beta test starting!

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander 8.52 beta 1 is available now!
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=42527

Please consider the following when reporting bugs:
1. Due to the hang in Windows 10, I want to bring out TC 8.52 as quickly as possible. There will not be a >10 week beta test as for previous versions, I will not fix a "bug of the week". Only important bugs will be fixed, less important will be postponed to Total Commander 9.

2. If you reported a bug for Total Commander 8.5x and it was fixed in 8.52 beta, it would be great if you could write that in the thread for this bug here in the forum, so I could move it to "fixed bugs".

3. The list of fixed bugs can be found in the history file:
http://www.ghisler.com/history852.txt
Please report if a bug is reported as fixed in this list, but it is still there in TC 8.52 beta.

4. Do not re-report a bug reported in this forum which wasn't fixed in TC 8.52 and which isn't in history852.txt either, except if you think that it is a critical bug which should absolutely be fixed in 8.52.

Thanks for your help!

Christian Ghisler
Last edited by ghisler(Author) on 2015-08-11, 09:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Since this is a pure bugfix I am surprised to se several new strings in the WCMD_DEU.LNG file - are those string for the upcoming TC 9.0?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2petermad
I guess so, too. Unfortunately, there are mispellings/typos reintroduced by this language file...

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Indeed I included the strings from TC9 by mistake. I will revert to the older file.
Unfortunately, there are mispellings/typos reintroduced by this language file...
Where?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
Unfortunately, there are mispellings/typos reintroduced by this language file...
Where?
Now that you're asking I see that I was wrong. I compared an even older language file with the new one by mistake :oops:. Seems like there're too many virtual machines to take care of ...

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
It would be great if you could move the bugs to test to 'bugs which should be fixed now' as in previous beta tests. So people know what to test. I guess it's okay when you make the history.txt item <--> bug thread assignment so not everyone interested in betatesting has to perform this task. If no bug thread exists please create one in the 'bugs which should be fixed now' forum. Thank you!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It would be great if you could move the bugs to test to 'bugs which should be fixed now' as in previous beta tests.
Sorry, I'm not doing this because the subforum was mostly ignored in the last beta test. Instead, I'm now writing to the individual threads that the problem has been fixed.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Christian.

I agree with Lefteous's point of view.
The "Bugs which should be fixed now" made sense in previous beta tests, because it was simple to keep track of the bugfixes.
Perhaps the sub-forum would be ignored less consistently in case it were located directly below the TC 8.52 bug-forum?
Currently there are 5 other sub-forums in-between.

The problem that a number of bugs were reported, fixed, but the fixes never confirmed by the OP or anyone else, has always existed.

Cheers,
Karl