Using Total Commander with OneDrive For Business

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

RigPa

Re: Using Total Commander with OneDrive For Business

Post by *RigPa »

Had it working but when I tried to connect (F7) to One drive and Google Drive, the last thing I chose is the browser, click ok and nothing more happens. I kinda expected some credentials to be entered but the Connect window just shuts down and leaves NO connection.

Tried deleting cookies in iexplore and tried different browsers. Upgraded to latest version. Same thing happens.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try updating the plugin. Older versions have troubles with the extremely long access tokens used by OneDrive for Business.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
RigPa

Post by *RigPa »

I did. Actually tried it several times just to be sure. I can't access One Drive for Business from Total Commander. It works from File Explorer though...
RigPa

Post by *RigPa »

Cant create a connection for Normal One drive either. Tried Dropbox also but no connection. The Connect to Cloud pop up just disappears when clicking OK and leaves no connection.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It may be caused by restrictions of your PC. When using an external browser, the plugin creates a small local Web server (which only accepts local connections). The Web browser connects to that internal server and passes the connection token to it. Then the browser displays a message that it can be closed. If you get this message, the plugin should have received the token.
RigPa

Post by *RigPa »

I don't get any message.

Tried Total Reinstall of the Commander and the plugin and disabled FW but no luck. Clicking OK on the Connection window is the last thing I see...

Is there a log some where?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please enable logging for FTP (this also logs all connections) in Configuration - Options - FTP and also detailed log for that cloud plugin connection. Then send me the zipped log of the failed connection to support at ghisler dot com. I recommend that you modify (but not delete or shorten!) the token values and other sensitive data like user name so I (or a hacker) cannot use them to login to your account.
RigPa

Post by *RigPa »

Tried on a friends laptop and it worked. On my PC the connection window just shuts down when clicking ok. No matter which browser I select. I have iExplorer 11 + other browsers. Tried reinstalling Total commander and the plugin several times.

See here how it doesn't work:
https://youtu.be/sm-veSS3eWU

Tried to install the log viewer but installation crashed: MSCOMCTL.OCX missing or invalid...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2RigPa
Make sure that you have write access to your wcx_ftp.ini file - you can find it's location in the menu under "Help" -> "About Total Commander"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
RigPa

Post by *RigPa »

Tahanks. Changing permissions didn't help though. FTP connections are stored there too and they work. Can add and delete them as I want to.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the video. It seems that the plugin cannot save its settings. They are saved to the file tccloud.ini located in the same directory as wincmd.ini. So if you have set the location of the wincmd.ini to a restricted directory like c:\windows or somewhere under program files, the plugin will not be able to save settings there.

Solution:
1. Create new tccloud.ini with Shift+F4 somewhere where you have write rights
2. Copy the file to the directory with your wincd.ini (if it isn't there already)
3. Press Alt+Enter on the file tccloud.ini in that directory
4. Grant yourself read+write rights

It's also possible that the file is there but corrupted somehow. Have a look at it with F4 and delete any junk lines from it.
RigPa

Post by *RigPa »

Well I removed all that looked like garbage and now I can create a new connection and get the box where I enter login to One drive business. BUT I do not get access to my one drive. I get access to my personal one drive - not the business version.

www.makeitcount.dk/2020-04-19_14-05-41.flv
RigPa

Post by *RigPa »

My personal Onedrive and my Business Onedrive has two different emails & logins. I enter the credentials for my Business Onedrive but get connected to my personal Onedrive. How is that possible??