Enhancements to Copy / Move processes

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

trids

Enhancements to Copy / Move processes

Post by *trids »

Hi there

Since I frequently copy and move lots of files all over the place (SD card, ExtSdCard, flash drives via OTG cable, Samba shares, and cloud drives), I have stumbled on a few issues where some small changes could bring sizable benefits. And i would like to suggest them for your consideration please..

Suggested Enhancements to the Copy / Move Process
  • Warn the user up front if there is insufficient space in the receiving folder for the source files. Display available space and required space in the warning message. Applies to move process too, when destination folder is on a different storage volume.
  • Before copying even the first file in a batch, check the whole batch for any collisions, and get user instructions regarding overwrite / skip / rename-source / rename-original / cancel. Applies to move process too.
Suggested Enhancements to the Copy / Move Dialog

In addition to the currently displayed percentage bars, please update the following values each second while copying / moving ..
  • Files copied, files remaining.
  • Bytes copied, bytes remaining.
  • Time taken, time remaining.
  • Bytes copied per second.
With these enhancements in place, there will be no more headaches about files incompletely moved/copied; and users will know up front of any overlooked space issues and collisions (especially painful when many files are involved).

Thanks for a great app, and for providing it free!