MediaPlayer controls on Android lockscreen behaviour

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sidefx88

MediaPlayer controls on Android lockscreen behaviour

Post by *sidefx88 »

Hi!

I find the MediaPlayer main controls on the lockscreen very useful, but I want to suggest a little change and to report some problems:

* Suggestion: the MediaPlayer lockscreen shows a little thumbnail, the title of the song playing and the title of the album. I think that it should show Artist name and song title (or Song title and artist name), or -at least- an option to choose what info to show on the lockscreen :)

* Bug report: sometimes I create a playlist, then play it, but when I want to skip a track, the MediaPlayer on the lockscreen disappear, the music stops and the playlist I've created is lost forever (if I didn't saved it before). It doesn't happen all the time, but I guess 4 times out of 10 [which it's a lot] :(

* Bug report: if I pause a playlist for a while (for example: I arrive to work, school, or just go to sleep) and then press play after that while (sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes 8 hours) the MediaPlayer on lockscreen disappear and the playlist I've created is lost forever.

I experience these two problems since always, not only on the last version of TC for Android.

My cellphone is a Motorola RAZR D3 (XT919), Android 4.1.2 (core 3.4.0), and I don't use any task killer.

Cheers!
I Love Total Commander!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

About this disappearing playlist: I have seen this happen with playlists with the m3u or pls extension, but not m3u8.

What happens is that the Android media scanner sees the file and tries to index it. However, when it can't access the files in the playlist, e.g. because they are streams or from plugins, then it just deletes the file!

What you can do is either
1. Save as m3u8 file
or
2. Put the file in a folder with a 0 byte file named: .nomedia
Then the media scanner will ignore the directory and all subdirs. However, do not put .nomedia in a folder with actual tracks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

Christian: I forgot to mention that I usually create playlists on the fly, I don't save them in any format, just temporary selections of music (10 or 15 tracks, or two/three albums/folders).

I save more elaborated playlists, but don't save the temporary ones.

Anyway, TC MediaPlayer would be perfect if it doesn't lose the tracks loaded on the actual playlist when resuming playing after a while :(
I Love Total Commander!
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: MediaPlayer controls on Android lockscreen behaviour

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 05-03-2016 16:43:45 +0000 sidefx88 wrote:

s> Bug report: sometimes I create a playlist, then play it,
s> but when I want to skip a track, the MediaPlayer on the
s> lockscreen disappear

I have another experience with lockscreen MP widget disappearance. I've opened MP with media stream in it a couple of days ago, paused it and left running for about a day. When I started playback again there was no lockscreen widget anymore, but I can't say for sure when exactly it disappeared.[/face]
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

There seems to be a mechanism in Android which deletes these when there is no activity for a few hours.
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

2Ghisler: sometimes it happens within a few minutes :(
I Love Total Commander!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's odd, Android should do this only when it is really desperately low on memory. There is no way to prevent it from happening, all I can do is reduce the probability that it happens (by adding an icon to the notification area, and by setting the service priority to high).
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

Great ideas! I hope that these changes reduce the probabilities!

Thanks
I Love Total Commander!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, but I'm already doing that. The player already has the highest priority and an icon in the notification area.
ferrdo

buttons not working

Post by *ferrdo »

Hi there, i am new to lollipop, but i am having troubles with lock screen buttons
when i press next (prev, pause) nothing happens.

could you please help me out ? some settings i missed
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is there more than 1 file in the queue? Otherwise nothing will happen.
ferrdo

Post by *ferrdo »

i checked that one more time, and yes there are at least 2 mp3. i also checked if it can be related with me playing video(i found out that total commander media player is only one that let me play video without seeing it) and even when there is no video in playlist, buttons does not work, not even pause, but i can see it being pressed - see the border when i press it

i use asus zenphone2 with 5.0.1
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a bug in zenphone2: It seems to recognize mp3 files as video, not audio. You will get a video window in TC, but it shows nothing.

Please contact me by e-mail (support at ghisler dot com) for a test version which should handle this.
ferrdo

Post by *ferrdo »

i did,

but maybe i can describe once again issue i am having

i have no troubles with playing audio or video
i can create playlist and in media player i can play next, previous song with no problem

but when i go to lock screen (waiting for pattern) i am able to see 3 buttons (prev, pause, next), it seems that i am able to click them, but when i do so, no response, e.g. when i press "pause" button song is still playing, next button - still same song

just to be clear :)