[WCX] Wcx6432: 64-to-32 bit WCX plugin wrapper

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TW

Post by *TW »

i did read and follow this thread. the calibre-2.58.0.msi contains almost 700 files too, and i failed to see the slightest time penalty using the wrapper, so i was confused what you guys are talking about.

i will try the gaup plugin later, i haven't used that for years...
licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Horst.Epp wrote:Do you plan to also add support for WLX plugins ?
I think it should be possible if plugin follows WXX API and doesn't communucate with TC in other ways (e.g. by subclassing TC windows).
I think I will make wrappers for another kinds of plugins but I don't know will they work with specific plugins or not.
Do you still plan or work on WLX wrapper feature ?
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Sorry, I haven't worked on WLX wrapper yet.
I still have such plans, but I don't know when I find enough time for these plans. :)
TW

Post by *TW »

that's ok, love your plugins. i have not tested all of them, but i think i really should!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Download link in first post updated (latest public build is 212).

For some strange reason DialogBoxParam function called by 32-bit plugin hangs when it gets TOTALCMD64 Pack window as a parent - therefore configure packer button don't work. If I pass TOTALCMD64 main window as a parent, function returns zero... I've also tried TOTALCMD32 Pack window, and got zero again with error 1400 (invalid window handle), but it works fine with TOTALCMD32 main window.
I've also tried with zero parent and with Windows Calculator window as parent and it works fine...
Perhaps it is something related to blocked main TC thread but with direct function call it is blocked too... Even simple MessageBox with TC window as parent hangs...
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I've added simple message processing into waiting for ConfigurePacker return loop, and it now works somehow! But it may still hang if I e.g. click TC window...

Wcx6432 Beta 224

Also server program is now started from TC directory to prevent current directory locking.
TW

Post by *TW »

good news, thanks. :D
But it may still hang if I e.g. click TC window...
yes, but we don't need to do this.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I understand that we don't need to do this, but this may happen accidentally, and it would be nice to avoid such problems...
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

MVV wrote:Wcx6432 Beta 224

Also server program is now started from TC directory to prevent current directory locking.
Hi MVV,

unfortunately I cannot use the latest release as Kaspersky Internet Security prompts with the following warning:

Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ze7Wo7x.png

I was hoping that several Kaspersky database updates later the issue would be gone, but still no luck. I also tried defining a exclusion rule, and while this does prevent triggering the virus alarm, it also prevents loading the file Wcx6432.wcx64 that has to be located in the plugin folders (e.g. CHMDir.wcx64). The previous release v1.0.1.212 does not trigger this issue with Kaspersky.

Could you try to alter your source code in order to generate a different set of binaries of the recent release v1.0.1.224? Thank you for your kind support in advance.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

deus-ex,
https://scan.kaspersky.com/
Should handle false positives as well.

HTH
Roman
Last edited by Hacker on 2016-10-11, 19:23 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

deus-ex,
I believe this is a generic heuristic detect which is done by some weird scoring algorithm... I can alter source code of course but it is not a panacea...

It is impossible to finally get rid of false heuristic detects because AV paranoia only increases, and it is not only Kaspersky. You can try adding some icon to EXE using e.g. Resource Hacker but I don't know if it will help. BTW incorrect icon may only increase number of detects (compare this one w/o icon and the same one with an icon). The funniest thing is that some AVs call it a downloader while it doesn't use any network API.

Finally, it is interesting why your Kaspersky finds loader module suspicious, it has no detects, latest one too (perhaps dynamic analyzer finds something here).

Hacker,
Thanks for the link, I've clicked I disagree with scan results button there. :D
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

MVV and Hacker,

Thank you both for your support, much appreciated.
Orochi

Post by *Orochi »

2MVV
Super job with the wrapper.
Helped me a lot with gaup and few other plugins.
You should put it on totalcmd at some point.
iana

Post by *iana »

@MVV tanks for this wrapper
a question
what's the difference between yours and Dec's wrapper
http://tc4shell.com/binary/decTC32HostSetup.exe
I installed Dec's wrapper a few years ago but it would seam it's abandoned (it's from 2014 4 years and no update)
anybody tried both wrappers can someone tell the difference between them
any chance for a wfx (wlx) wrapper as there are quite a few older 32bit wfx plugins which seam abandoned
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

iana,
My wrapper uses hands-written interprocess communication, it is designed for portable use and it is really tiny.
Dec's wrapper uses COM for 64-to-32 bit communication so it have to be registered in OS, also it has much greater size, but it may be faster in some cases (though I haven't tested it too much).

I've tried to start WLX wrapper but there were some GUI communication problems that I haven't solved yet.