Cannot install TC for Pocket PC on emulator :(

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Cannot install TC for Pocket PC on emulator :(

Post by *Flint »

I wanted to see how TC looks under Pocket PC and tried to install it on Pocket PC Emulator that goes with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. However, I could not install it at all! Maybe I did something wrong? What I tried to do:
1. Copy tcmdpocket.exe which I downloaded from the site into the emulator and start it there (A hardware error resulted with hard reset)
2. Unpack tcmdpocket.exe, copied all the files and started install.exe (I tried it twice: first time it just hanged, the second time - the same hardware error as in 1.).
3. Unpack tcmdpocket.exe, copied all the files and tried to start one of three files: cecmd.arm.CAB, cecmd.mips.CAB, cecmd.sh3.CAB. For anyone of them the internal OS returned an error that the installer is unsupported.

What can be wrong here? The thing is that I've never dealed with PDAs and their emulators, that was the first try...
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

You are posting on the wrong section of the forum.

This post should have been made here:

http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewforum.php?f=5

Your answer could also be located on the above link.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

pdavit
Oh, sorry. You absolutely right. I've completely forgotten that there is a special forum for pocket TC version. :oops:
Shoud I repost it or maybe moderator will move the topic to that forum?

What about the answer - I've made a Search but have not found such a problem in that forum. I mean - there were similar problems, but their solution was to sownload the file from AOL. Now first there is no AOL server on the download page, and second - Ghisler said that he placed normal version on Fileburst too.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have just moved the topic.

Currently there is no X86 version of Total Commander for PocketPC, mainly because installing via ActiveSync doesn't work with the emulator (or does it?). I'm considering a separate download for the emulator, though - there is a separate forum thread about this.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

But is it possible to install TC on a real PPC without ActiveSync? If it is possible - then how?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes there is, just rename the installer to install.zip, unpack it with an unzip tool of your choice, and copy the correct cab files to the device. There you can double tap them in Explorer to install the program.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
FrankW

Post by *FrankW »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I have just moved the topic.

Currently there is no X86 version of Total Commander for PocketPC, mainly because installing via ActiveSync doesn't work with the emulator (or does it?). I'm considering a separate download for the emulator, though - there is a separate forum thread about this.
You can copy an cab file with the remote file viewer, via shared folders (.NET4.x) or via an emulated serial port and an nullmodem cable.
To create an emu- cab file with CabWiz you can use the processor types
586 - for Pocket PC 2000 emulator
686 - for Pocket PC 2002 emulator

Frank
www.WinCESoft.de