New Huawei P8 Lite Android 5.0.1: Problems on TC!

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sidefx88

New Huawei P8 Lite Android 5.0.1: Problems on TC!

Post by *sidefx88 »

Hi, I changed my cellphone last week.

Now I'm having a lot of problems using TC on this Huawei P8 Lite (Android 5.0.1):

* There's a lag when I open TC and/or when I hit the [Home] button.

* TC MediaPlayer plays a song but it hangs at the start of the next song in the playlist (pause button appears, not play button: so, it's not paused or stopped, it is trying to play but it can't). I have to skip the track and (maybe) it plays... if I get back to the previous unplayed song, it maybe plays...

* When TC MediaPlayer playlist is listing MP3 files, it shows a BIG video holder (empty, in black) lacking space for the mp3 list... There's no videos on the playlist. So why it shows the video holder?

My device is not rooted yet. I can't do it right now because I need to fill a form on Huawei website and it is not working.

Are this problems 'root' related? The mp3 files I'm trying to play are located on SD card 1 \ Music folder.

Thanks!
I Love Total Commander!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

These problems are not root-related. I can't help you with the lag, it's probably due to small RAM. The track problem sounds like the phone doesn't correctly implement gapless playback. TC uses this so there is no silence between two tracks. The big video holder is a known Huawei bug, it reports a video size even for mp3 files.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

Ouch!

I'm using Google Play Music app :(

I really miss TC MediaPlayer and its lovely EQ :(
I Love Total Commander!