SMB: username like DOMAIN\USER does not work

Currently in public beta: Windows Phone version

Moderators: white, Hacker, Stefan2

Joachim Otahal

SMB: username like DOMAIN\USER does not work

Post by *Joachim Otahal »

SMB funktioniert sehr gut, außer man muss einen Domänenuser nehmen, also DOMAIN\USER. Dann klappt es nicht.

SMB works very well, except when you have to use a domain logion, like DOMAIN\USER. Then it does not work.

That is my major complaint, the rest is currently only an annoyance and not a problem.

Another bug: When I say "move" from the device to the network it does not move, only copy.

Lumia 950 DualSIM, Windows 10 insider build - though with vanilla Win10 the same.
Ultra HD? No, 8k, 12k, 16k is my way! Throw "JouMxyzptlk" in google to find my homepage and youtube channel ;). Latest (2016 July) is 3DMark TimeSpy in 8K 120 fps.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately the SMB library I'm using doesn't support domains. It's a port of the Java CJIFS library to C#, and the JCIFS library does support domains. I couldn't find out why domains don't work, sorry.

Move is currently not supported, because the danger is too high to lose a file when the mobile connection goes down.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Joachim Otahal

Post by *Joachim Otahal »

Thank you for that info!
Ultra HD? No, 8k, 12k, 16k is my way! Throw "JouMxyzptlk" in google to find my homepage and youtube channel ;). Latest (2016 July) is 3DMark TimeSpy in 8K 120 fps.