Auto switch mode: sort order lost from archive when restart

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Auto switch mode: sort order lost from archive when restart

Post by *milo1012 »

Maybe just a logic error in my thinking, but I think that this situation should not happen, even if I set the auto switch rules myself:

On a fresh TC configuration create a single new auto switch rule which will keep the sort order UNCHANGED, e.g. simply use:
D: Directory
Set this mode: <default>

Now enter ANY archive file on one side. Stay in the archive, set up any sort order except unsorted (by name, by date, etc.) and close TC.
Result on a TC restart:
For the last used side the last used sort order is lost and will appear UNSORTED in the file panel instead (the tabstop header DOES NOT highlight any sort order), but TC doesn't actually recognize any sort mode, as the main menu doesn't highlight the "Unsorted" item.

Tested with TC 9.0a RC3 32-bit + x64
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks, that's indeed incorrect behaviour: TC tries to store the view mode for the parent directory of the zip. But the view mode returnes -1=unchanged, which is misinterpreted and stored as such to the wincmd.ini.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

history.txt wrote:11.12.16 Fixed: Auto switch mode: sort order was lost when restarting TC while in an archive, and view mode of parent directory had sort order set to "unchanged" (32/64)
Fix confirmed for 9.0a final, both 32- and 64-bit.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract