can i use multiple WCMICONS.DLL ?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

giulia

can i use multiple WCMICONS.DLL ?

Post by *giulia »

Hi
in the last version can i use multiple WCMICONS.DLL ?
more then 2 file WCMICONS.DLL?
i'm using the last version 9a
Image: http://i.imgur.com/dAgvpxd.png
thanks
love Total Commander , best file manager ever made
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Yes you can, but with two rules
1- The file name must start with wcmicon
2- The file must contain FileDescription field inside its version information block

You can test with shell32.dll, copy shell32.dll from System32 folder to TC folder and name it e.g.wcmicon_my_icon_library.dll
giulia

Post by *giulia »

ts4242 wrote:Yes you can, but with two rules
1- The file name must start with wcmicon
2- The file must contain FileDescription field inside its version information block

You can test with shell32.dll, copy shell32.dll from System32 folder to TC folder and name it e.g.wcmicon_my_icon_library.dll
hi
thanks
i can download the icon here http://totalcmd.net/directory/iconpack.html

and what have i to do it?
rename WCMICON3.DLL WCMICON4.DLL WCMICON5.DLL ?
i use the portable version , all in the same folder of total commander?

thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If the icon count or order differs from the default wcmdicon.dll, you will need to create a wcmiconyourname.inc file named like your wcmiconyourname.dll which contains the mapping "interal command" -> "icon index in dll".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
giulia

Post by *giulia »

ghisler(Author) wrote:If the icon count or order differs from the default wcmdicon.dll, you will need to create a wcmiconyourname.inc file named like your wcmiconyourname.dll which contains the mapping "interal command" -> "icon index in dll".
hi
thanks
but why make it so hard
would be very nice a folder with many files that i can download from the total commander plugin site
for example http://totalcmd.net/plugring/flatFileIcons.html how can i use it ?
i have 6 icon file downloaded from this site

thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The new scheme is meant to replace the wcmicons.dll and use it for icons in the main menu, and for suggesting icons when defining new buttons. If you just want to use icons in the button bar, then don't use this new scheme. Just put the icon dll on your harddisk and refer to it in the button bar items directly (by picking it with >> button).
giulia

Post by *giulia »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The new scheme is meant to replace the wcmicons.dll and use it for icons in the main menu, and for suggesting icons when defining new buttons. If you just want to use icons in the button bar, then don't use this new scheme. Just put the icon dll on your harddisk and refer to it in the button bar items directly (by picking it with >> button).
hi thanks
but is there a easy tutorial how save several icon pack inside the total commander folder and switch between them?
i tried with the last verion without luck
thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Currently there are almost no icon packs using the new scheme.
giulia

Post by *giulia »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Currently there are almost no icon packs using the new scheme.
hi
ahhhh ok
now i got it
in short what have i downloaded don't work because it's outdated and not updated

thanks
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2giulia

There is this: https://www.upload.ee/files/6340902/flat_wcmicons_1.0.2_mod.rar.html

And if you dowload one of my extended menus (see signature below) there is an iconlb in the addons pack that comes with the menus.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
giulia

Post by *giulia »

petermad wrote:2giulia

There is this: https://www.upload.ee/files/6340902/flat_wcmicons_1.0.2_mod.rar.html

And if you dowload one of my extended menus (see signature below) there is an iconlb in the addons pack that comes with the menus.
hi
thanks
for the other icon pack should i wait that they will update yes?
thanks a lot
ate

Post by *ate »

@ts4242
@petermad

I have tried to create my own dll (with a personal File Description), but this hasn't worked. So I used one of the Dll from Petermad as a container (changed the icons with my own icons and added some). Is there an easy way to create a propper empty Dll?

The Ultra Editor (Main Menu Editor) was very helpful for finding out the right number of the cm_commands in my personal TC - menue (for creating the corresponding INC-File), but I had to count the em_commands manually. It would be very helpful, if the Main Menu Editor would show also the fitting number for the self - defined commands (e.g. em_mycommand = 10121) ... Just a suggestion and request for an easier and faster way to create the INC for the DLL.

Nevertheless, thanks for the Ultra Editor (great tools).
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

It would be very helpful, if the Main Menu Editor would show also the fitting number for the self - defined commands (e.g. em_mycommand = 10121) ... Just a suggestion and request for an easier and faster way to create the INC for the DLL.
Support+++ for that suggestion.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

ate wrote:The Ultra Editor (Main Menu Editor) was very helpful for finding out the right number of the cm_commands in my personal TC - menue (for creating the corresponding INC-File), but I had to count the em_commands manually. It would be very helpful, if the Main Menu Editor would show also the fitting number for the self - defined commands (e.g. em_mycommand = 10121) ... Just a suggestion and request for an easier and faster way to create the INC for the DLL.
Main Menu Editor already display icons mapped to em_commands, therefore it will not be difficult to show their mapping code in code column!
giulia

Post by *giulia »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Currently there are almost no icon packs using the new scheme.
hi
are there icon packs now?
i mean i'm using 9.10 and 9.12 is almost ready
thanks