Missing dotted separator when searching duplicates

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

leader22

Missing dotted separator when searching duplicates

Post by *leader22 »

[SOLVED] - using old INI file from previous versions.
Hi team, all,
I'm using the great function to search for duplicate files and list them to "Feed to listbox" to select and delete/move the unnecessary. With the new version found that the separator dotted line (that separates the results in the listbox is gone. Now is rather difficult to say which files from the list are the duplicates. I will try to upload a screenshot to show what I mean.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or per design, but I miss this function. Please advice.
Last edited by leader22 on 2017-02-07, 10:22 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
leader22

Post by *leader22 »

Here is the screenshot. The older version have it - marked with blue pen. In the new - there is no separator.
ps: it seems because I'm a new user can't upload pics.
I will try tomorrow. Contact me on PM so I can send it over.
Thank you in advance!
//Georgi
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

leader22 wrote:Here is the screenshot. The older version have it - marked with blue pen. In the new - there is no separator.
ps: it seems because I'm a new user can't upload pics.
I will try tomorrow. Contact me on PM so I can send it over.
Thank you in advance!
//Georgi
Put the image(s) on one of the countless image hosters out there and post the link to the images here...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2leader22

Hmm, I see dotted separators alright - http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/duplicatelines.png
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2leader22
Did you sort the list after feeding it to listbox? If so, the separators will disappear, as they always did in previous versions.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm getting the lines too, so you probably have resorted the list as Dalai suggested. When you change the sort order, the duplicate files are no longer grouped together.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
leader22

Post by *leader22 »

Thank you all for the quick replies! I'm using my old INI file from previous versions and custom colors.
I'm not sorting the results as I know that the separator will be gone. I need it to be grouped.
The problem was obviously in my old INI file. I have removed the old one and jump back to default and everything is back to normal. My mistake :oops:
Appreciate your help! Happy to be part of the forum. :D