A command to show the bar as menu

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

A command to show the bar as menu

Post by *DrShark »

Currently there is a command OPENBAR which accepts a path to a bar file as a parameter. It allows to switch to another bar in a user command (unlike the button, usercommand cannot switch to another bar by setting just a path to a bar file).
To make it possible to assign the "show bar as menu" action to the em_ command, I suggest to add also a new command SHOWBARASMENU with <path_to_bar_filename> as a parameter.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Also (or alternatively) TC may just use the iconic parameter also for user commands. If the parameter iconic doesn't exist TC can behave like it does currently: try to launch the bar file with the asscoiated porgram.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I looked at bit as this and the current implementation looks quite strange to me.

Whenever you select a bar file as command in a user command the option 'show bar as menu' is available. So in this case it behaves as if the user command is actually a button. However when used on a button this command actually executes the file with the associated app (as expected). So I guess removing the option in this case would make sense.

It's even discussable if the current behavior on buttons is meaningful. How do I edit BAR files with my favorite BAR files editor? :P

So it seems it makes sense to support this little suggestion as it would also allow opening menus from just about everywhere...

Where to open menus opened using a shortcut/alias you ask? Same place where history and directory menus are opened.