moderation please!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hacker wrote:AFAIK Lefteous has volunteered to be a moderator...(?)
That's a good start. A well-respected member who can also moderate both English and German threads. He doesn't speak French, does he? Well for that I'm waiting for Clo's offer. ;)

What about you Hacker? You have the experience, knowledge and ethos; do you also have the time and willingness?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Clo

With spare wheels !

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
:) Hi Panos !
• It should be prudent to have two moderators English / German at least, in the case where one is unavailable (ill, absent, too busy, connection hung, PC mortally crashed…).
- So, both Hacker and Lefteous would seem necessary…
• The French forum is modest still, and so quiet; I could accept, whether Ch. Ghisler should ask for this, of course. An assistant is needed, for the same reasons than above.
• Let's try to make glass with sand, you are right (and then, a good ouzo in the glass ! :P ) And you could help too, Panos ?

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Hmmm, I don't think Clo have got a character which a moderator needs. Clo apllauds an user, when he used a f*** word. Clo was involved in a quarrel and wrote something of high stupidity of another user. IMO Clo disqualified himself for a moderator.
Well, I think that a moderator can use any expressions to make another user understand the rules of the forum, even if it says something about high stupidity...

Anyway, my opinion doesn't bother, as I only have written 31 post at the moment. ;)

<-------------------------------

Greetings, CoMiKe.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

2 Clo

> And you could help too, Panos?

If I had been asked a couple of years ago I would have been very willing to help. But when this summer ends so does my free time. So, the frequency of me visiting the forum will not satisfy the moderation needs. :(

In addition, I'm probably black listed as well after being provoked by another forum member. I did kneel like icfu did but I didn't have the strength to quit the forum. I love this community and TC more than my ego. :)

2 Norfie

> Nope. icfu wrote about himself that he like it to be provocative. He gaves us good description about himself and it was IMO a description of a troll. (in German forum)

First of all I still haven't got the full translation of that thread.

Now, for one more time the issue here is what (who) leads someone to be rude (or provocative) and not how easily or strongly someone breaks under constant and unnecessary provokeness.

> Hmmm, I don't think Clo have got a character which a moderator needs. Clo apllauds an user, when he used a f*** word. Clo was involved in a quarrel and wrote something of high stupidity of another user. IMO Clo disqualified himself for a moderator.

Clo did NOT applaud anyone for the use of the F word. Apparently you don't understand his humour.

Now, if he was involved in a quarrel that only means that he is an active member and willing to participate. Creating a quarrel is risky not participating in one.

If he "wrote something of high stupidity of another user" please point us to that post. If you are right, I can only applaud Clo for having just a single black listed post out of his nearly 1400 posts.

IMHO, Clo DOES qualify for a moderator. He is old enough to be wise and serious (he is actually 61 years old if I'm not wrong; probably the oldest forum member), he is polite with a good sense of humour, he always backs up his text with useful links, he has produces both plugins and guides for TC to aid other users and he is also a beta tester which only proves that he has gained Christian's approval.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Clo

Win and tempest

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
:) Hello Panos !
So, the frequency of me visiting the forum will not satisfy the moderation needs.
- I meant: as an assistant, whether a moderator is unavailable, and that you are on the board…
- Thank you for you appreciations, and to rejuvenate me by more than one year :P
- About this:
Clo was involved in a quarrel and wrote something of high stupidity of another user.
"He who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind"
- Please, just give a look HERE and next…
-------------------------------------------------------
@Sheepdog
:) Hi Stefan !
To call someone a dope - and that permanently - I wouldn't describe as polite
• Right. And you forgot a lot of "puppy", malicious word which seems kind, but has other meanings - not kind at all- as :
weak young man, self-important, impertinent (in Harrap's only…)
--------------------------------------------------------
• Well, like I said, I could accept the French forum moderation, and help on the English one at this if needed. Only Ch. Ghisler can decides, and I'm pretty sure that his decision'll be the right one.

:mrgreen:   KR - VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Win and tempest

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:47 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

norfie wrote: Sheepdog is right. Sheepdog is using different standards to icfu and norfie.

Nope. icfu wrote about himself that he like it to be provocative. He gaves us good description about himself and it was IMO a description of a troll. (in German forum)

Hmmm, I don't think Clo have got a character which a moderator needs. Clo apllauds an user, when he used a f*** word. Clo was involved in a quarrel and wrote something of high stupidity of another user. IMO Clo disqualified himself for a moderator.
Don't feed the troll

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

norfie wrote:2pdavit
I'm sorry but icfu is the culprit and not the victim.

We have different opinions.
But not as moderator yet. The rest: I wanna discuss this issue deeper when the time has come i.e. if anybody will be choose to a moderator.

Don't feed the troll

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Win and tempest

Post by *Sheepdog »

norfie wrote:2Clo
Nice to see, that your link start with the very first posting of this quarrel. It proves that you start this quarrel and that you know that you start this quarrel. Maybe, do you can tell us your intention why you start this quarrel?
Don't feed the trolls

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

2 norfie

> I'm sorry but icfu is the culprit and not the victim.

You should be!

> We have different opinions.

A valid argument only if you have some valid arguments! ;)

> But not as moderator yet. The rest: I wanna discuss this issue deeper when the time has come i.e. if anybody will be choose to a moderator.

If nobody is chosen as a moderator that will be a "failure" of Christian and not Clo's.

2 Sheepdog

> Don't feed the trolls

How on earth do you find that humorous quality is just a mystery to me!! :D :) :P
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:54 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

norfie wrote:Clo linked to his posting, where Clo starts a groundless quarrel. Plz see above - Clos last posting.
That link proves you made the first step in provoking and as a result Clo responded with a slightly rude post.

Clo said: "The location of the <imagine.ini> file isn't the main issue currently, in my modest opinion"

...only for you to reply with: "LOL. You make fun. Are you the man, who decides what the current issue of this thread is? Are you the moderator of this thread, forum, board, ... IMO your remark isn't modest but you make a fool of yourself."

Then Clo responded in the same way he was treated.
Last edited by pdavit on 2004-09-22, 02:06 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

pdavit wrote: > Don't feed the trolls

How on earth do you find that humorous quality is just a mystery to me!! :D :) :P
I follow the proposal of @ghisler ;)

norfie wrote:2pdavit
Clo linked to his posting, where Clo starts a groundless quarrel. Plz see above - Clos last posting.
Dont' feed the trolls

sheepdog
Douglas Adams