Adaptive size of toolbar icons on screens with various dpi

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wisekat

Adaptive size of toolbar icons on screens with various dpi

Post by *wisekat »

I am using TC on my ASUS N552VW laptop with an UltraHD screen. The screen dpi is 282, so I set the scale factor to 300% in Windows 10 to work comfortably. To use TC on the built-in laptop screen, I set the size of toolbar icons to 72 to make them big enough to recognize and click.

However, there is a problem with these toolbar icons in TC when I connect an external monitor with the good old 96 dpi and try to use TC on this monitor. As you understand, the toolbar icons become enormously big in this case.

What I suggest is to make the size of toolbar buttons dpi-aware. I would set them taking into account that we work on a traditional screen with 96 dpi and recalcualte automatically if TC is used in an environemtn with higher system dpi.

Perhaps, there is a simple way to overcome this problem in the current public release (9.0a). If so - let me know, please.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

wisekat,
Is it better in 9.10 beta 1?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
wisekat

Post by *wisekat »

Frankly speaking, I prefer to use a stable version of the tool, so I've not installed the beta 1 of v9.1 yet not to lose my files or encounter similar issues.

As I see from the change log, the support for high-res screen must be improved in this version. Let me install and test v9.1 a little bit.
wisekat

Post by *wisekat »

Hacker, you were right - now TC recalculates the toolbar icon size and sizes of other interface items accordingly to the monitor we are using TC on.

Thank you for telling me about the v9.1, and special thanks to Christian Ghisler who is listening to the voice of his customers.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

wisekat,
You're welcome. ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.