Multiple instance configuration files/intregrated TC support

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tjsepka

Multiple instance configuration files/intregrated TC support

Post by *tjsepka »

I know that the issue of having multiple configuration files has been discussed in the forums, the suggestions for a solution are kludges or work-arounds. I'm running Windows 10 and use the multiple desktop feature and so naturally the TC instance of one desktop isn't usually the same as other desktops. It would be nice if when TC is launched that if multiple configurations are present, the user is allowed to select which configuration to use.

By "integrated TC support" I mean having the ability to save and load a particular configuration from within TC and not having to rely on a batch file or multiple shortcuts. The ability to store a description for each configuration and have it displayed with list of available configurations to load or save should also be included.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Multiple instance configuration files/intregrated TC sup

Post by *wanderer »

tjsepka wrote:The ability to store a description for each configuration and have it displayed with list of available configurations to load or save should also be included.
An extra setting could be added to WinCmd.ini (and perhaps to the FTP one too), named i.e. INIDescription=<INIDescription>. This description could perhaps be shown in the About box, in the INIs section, just for the fun of it and if Christian feels like doing this:

Code: Select all

INI-Files:

.../wincmd.ini
<INIDescription>

.../wcx_ftp.ini
<FTPINIDescription>
Now, what you are asking could very easily be done with an external program. which could read all INIs in a path, display their names and also their descriptions (by reading the proposed INIDescription setting. If named properly, INIs could be paired with their respective FTPs or perhaps let the user manually choose both the INI and the FTPINI from two separate lists.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.