Lister: log files, bottom line

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Generally it happens with any (log) file that gets lines appended while Lister is showing it. Unfortunately I haven't had this issue in a while, primarily because I don't work with log files as much anymore, on Windows anyway. And currently I don't have time to check for a way to reproduce it reliably.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

Partial rendering of lines at the bottom of Lister window may look weird, but at least it suggests the log file does not end there. What bothers me more is that when I search for a text, that was added to the file after the Lister loaded it, the Lister will "find" it, but it will just show a few lines of blank space at the end of what it believes to be the end of the log file. Probably because the text is found after that "end". Then I have to reload the file in Lister and search for the text again.

I guess I'll create a new bug report for it with more details when I get back to work after the holidays.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I could not reproduce this bug, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com