Total commander not responding since updating to Win10 1709

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wyzak

Total commander not responding since updating to Win10 1709

Post by *wyzak »

Hi guys,

I absolutely love Total Commander and use it everyday for almost everything conceivable file related. But ever since I've had to upgrade to the FCU version of Windows 10 (ver 1709) my Total commander has become so unresponsive that I've had to revert back to explorer on so many occasions. Eek.

Am I the only person seeing this?

It feels like the drive is broken when I try to do something in Total Commander, but if I then go to explorer it can access the drive without any hickups whatsoever.

Everything was working perfectly until I upgraded Windows 10... Now my games are stuttering and Total commander is broken.

Edit: I've downloaded the latest 64bit version of TC 9.12.
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

Sorry, no problems here.

Are you talking about a specific drive (e.g. a network share, external medium, ...) or just in general?
And you say your games are suddenly stuttering. Does it happen only when TC is running or independently of TC? If independently, then TC has probably nothing to do with your problems.

If it is TC related, try to start TC with default settings and no plugins. Don't forget to backup the current state. If it helps (it usually does), one of the settings or more likely plugins is the culprit. Then reintroduce those settings/plugins one after another to find out which one it is.

umbra
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't have this problem on Windows 10 either - I have recently switched from 7 to 10 as my main work system.

Does this occur too when you disable some functions like
- set icons to "none" in Configuration - Options - Icons?
- disable colors by file type (if enabled)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
HerbieH

Post by *HerbieH »

I've been running TC on Window XP, 7, 8.1 - and now TC 9.12 x64 with a lot(!) of plugins on Win10 upgrade 1709. Nullo problemo! :)

BUT.. both Windows Defender and AVG virus checker sometimes can prevent executing, and even delete, an exefile, it doesn't' like - all depending on the setting in your viruschecker.

That may be your problem. :roll:

A solution could be to make an exception for the exefile in your viruschecker settings, if possible.
HerbieH*
-Keep on makin' music!
wyzak

Post by *wyzak »

It only started with the FCU update of Windows 10 (ver 1709).

I'm not using any plugins.

What appeared to have made a difference was to run TC with max privileges and with disable fullscreen optimization ticked.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2wyzak
How does your TC work if you doubleclick totalcmd64.exe from Windows Explorer?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar