Right clic to create a new file with clipboard content

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SLEG

Right clic to create a new file with clipboard content

Post by *SLEG »

Should it be possible to develop a paste from clipboard function (with the right click menu) in order to create automatically a new file based on the clipboard content ?
If the clipboard contains text => makes a .TXT file, if it's a picture (i.e. a printscreen) => makes a .PNG file (or other file type to be defined in the settings),...
It could improve some repetitive process without needing to use another soft to save the clipboard content. I do a lot of printscreens which must be saved locally in different directories and it would help me. I know that some tools can do that but it's mainly for a printscreen and the pictures are always saved in the same directory.
elgonzo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *elgonzo »

There is a file-system plug-in which offers the content of the clipboard as files (which you can then copy to whatever drive/location you want). Unfortunately, no x64 version available (as far as i can tell) :(

https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=12773
https://totalcmd.net/plugring/decClipboardFS.html
Begrudgingly back to Windows... now 11... sigh... but i have no nerve for Linux desktop anymore...
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Right clic to create a new file with clipboard content

Post by *HolgerK »

SLEG wrote:I do a lot of printscreens which must be saved locally in different directories and it would help me. I know that some tools can do that but it's mainly for a printscreen and the pictures are always saved in the same directory.
One solution i'm using regular for this task is: nircmd.exe clipboard saveimage.

e.g. as Totalcommander Button:

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
%COMMANDER_PATH%\..\SYS\NirLauncher\NirSoft\nircmd.exe clipboard saveimage
~$currdate.yyyy-MM-dd$-~$currtime.HH_mm_ss$.png
WCMICONS.DLL,26
nircmd clipboard saveimage current date

Not automatic depending on clipboard content but a second button to save text can be created using the same tools.

HTH
Holger
Make our planet great again
azertt

Post by *azertt »

i dont manage to understand how to add that to the button bar

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
%COMMANDER_PATH%\..\SYS\NirLauncher\NirSoft\nircmd.exe clipboard saveimage
~$currdate.yyyy-MM-dd$-~$currtime.HH_mm_ss$.png
WCMICONS.DLL,26
nircmd clipboard saveimage current date

can you explain
FRENCH DSL
elgonzo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *elgonzo »

2azertt,
just copy the whole content of the code block (including the last line with the "-1") into the clipboard. Then right-click on the button bar in TC and select "Paste" from the context menu, and the button will appear...
Begrudgingly back to Windows... now 11... sigh... but i have no nerve for Linux desktop anymore...