Synchronize directories, select a file's path

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JimmyTheBroker

Synchronize directories, select a file's path

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

Hi guys,

Im using the synchronize directories function and am interested in knowing if I can select a file's path on either side.

I know there is "View left" and 'View right" but that only opens programs with lister. I would like to be able to open (for example) an excel while of a file that the synchronizer is suggesting should be deleted, just to double check it, etc.

if I was able to copy the directory path of a copy from the synchronizer, i could put it into explorer and open the file file with the correct program.

Currently, i have to follow the breadcrums with explorer to find the file to check it.

Any advice? Am i missing something simple?
Thanks,
Jimmy 8)
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Synchronize directories, select a file's path

Post by *tuska »

JimmyTheBroker wrote:Currently, i have to follow the breadcrumbs with explorer to find the file to check it.
Any advice?
One possibility would be the following, using "Everything" search tool:

1. Make a slow click on the file in "Synchronize directories" window - if necessary, repeat until the name is editable
2. Mark the entire file name [including file extension], then press Ctrl + C
3. Paste the contents of the clipboard into the input line of Everything

If you have set the "Everything" search tool accordingly (Everything Service ticked, etc.),
then you should be able to call the file immediately!
Note:
- If you want to use "Everything" search tool in combination with TC, the context menu entries in "Everything"
  of Horst.Epp are very interesting! -> See: ... Explore Path: ...
- More information and many other posts that can be found by searching the TC forum

By the way, today there was a public release (Version 1.4.1.895) of "Everything".
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2JimmyTheBroker
I know there is "View left" and 'View right" but that only opens programs with lister. I would like to be able to open (for example) an excel while of a file that the synchronizer is suggesting should be deleted, just to double check it, etc.
You could install a Lister plugin, that shows Excel files - or Word files, or whatever file type you want to check - there are plugins for almost everything.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2petermad

Ahh, thanks!

I have unfortunately repressed that in the "Synchronize directories" window with marking the line (multiple marking allowed) and
a) F3 one can display the file(s) on the left
b) SHIFT + F3 one can display the file(s) on the right
with Lister (and plugins installed).