Moderation guidelines discussion

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Moderation guidelines discussion

Post by *Hacker »

Here you can discuss the guidelines for moderators, found at http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=4942 .

Have fun!
Roman
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

There is nothing to discuss IMO. Just do what you should the best how you can :-) Good luck.

One thing: don't you think that empty posts (changed by authors) look very strange, now?
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Good luck.
Thanks. :)
don't you think that empty posts (changed by authors) look very strange, now?
I (we) do.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

:| Off for a rough start. Well, also good luck from me for you all.

I have to admit that I agree with the no-posting-in-other-peoples-posts point of view, I'd like to say. In my humble opinion, moderators should only edit others posts to remove offensive etc. material, never make comments in the posts. Done there or in a separate post does not stop topics running OT, that in itself doesn't make a difference. Well, it makes people reply to their own edited post, but that's about it. Most people feel it somewhat invasive to have their posts edited when the moderator could just as well have explained himself in a separate post. If the off-topics get out of hand, Moderators have the tool Split so offtopic posts can be altogether moved to a locked forum/thread, and the Lock tool for stopping a thread.

Now, that was just my opinion on how to do things in a manner that is a bit more pleasant to everyone.

The Moderation mod has some merit thou, if you insist that the comments be placed in peoples posts. I'd like to warn you moderators to watch all your edits very carefully; I hope you're aware that the user who made the post can change your text at will (You may want to remove this info - feel free to do so - but that is not a plausible fix). The Moderation BBCode does fix that rather serious issue caused by choice of moderation policy. Link to the phpBB mod. :wink:
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2AlleyKat
If the off-topics get out of hand, Moderators have the tool Split so offtopic posts can be altogether moved to a locked forum/thread, and the Lock tool for stopping a thread.
We cannot move all offtopic to a single thread. The board installation doesn't feature sucha function. It could be handy sometimes if multiple offtopic threads have a similar topic. But we don't want to merge entirely different offtopic threads into a single one -> and we don't won't to stop these discussions. We just don't want them inside of ontopic threads.
The Moderation mod has some merit thou, if you insist that the comments be placed in peoples posts. I'd like to warn you moderators to watch all your edits very carefully; I hope you're aware that the user who made the post can change your text at will (You may want to remove this info - feel free to do so - but that is not a plausible fix). The Moderation BBCode does fix that rather serious issue caused by choice of moderation policy. Link to the phpBB mod.
Thank you for the link. We are already testing this one and adapting it to our needs. About that editing problem. We don't want to "lock" these postings for several reasons. If someone edits our comments he'll have to face the consequences. We'll use this MOD just to get of the red color.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

[?] Guidelines for Moderators

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Where in the Guidelines for Moderators is the rule desribing current moderation actions of spliting OTs to some huge pile of nonsense messages like [OT] Quorels (aka "sun no shine place") ?

[mod]Merged thread [?] Guidelines for Moderators.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Habemus majkam!
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

From forum rules :

3.) Keep the focus: Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved, locked or simply be deleted.

SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

Rock-a-bye-baby majkinator !

Welcome to the 'sleepy' forum.

I have been to forums where members have been banned for 'abuse', forums where posts have been deleted for being 'inappropriate', but this is the only one I know of to cut-and-paste posts that are considered 'off-topic'. It works though, because the evil-doer has a hard time finding his thread again now that it's buried in no-man's land and so gives up the fight - ROFLMAO! :wink:

Some day soon, when most of TC's bugs have been ironed out and there are no new releases on the horizon, I expect questions will shrivel down to the infamous yellow-dot type from newbies, like 'How do I.........' followed swiftly by 'Thank you so much [insert name of usual suspect]. I am indebted to you for life and I shall surely name my first-born after you. Thank you once again'. :D

We will never find out if Lord Ghisler owns half a Swiss canton, and if so, which half? We'll never know why Gral is so mean as to have an annoying hi-speed avatar :twisted: , never know if Sheepdog and icfu ever sleep at night :shock: , never discuss whether majkinator is truly mad or merely insane :!:, never wonder if Lectrician is giving us the evil eye. A leetle bit of soul, personality? Nah, that's all irrelevant rubbish, let's keep it deadly serious and strictly business, shall we? :mrgreen:
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

• mad |-------o------+-----------] insane
What to say....

Squire said it all again, it's like he wants to shut me up...

.. but I am not that easily hacked. I WILL SAY WHAT I WANT !
  • mad |-----------o--+-----------] insane

Dear Hacker !

Please tell me why do I fucking care for your nonsense explanations.
You must understand: y o u   a r e   n o t   n o r m a l :!:
  • mad |--------------o-----------] insane
Why do I need to do SEARCH for my own messages which I posted 10 minutes ago ?
  • mad |--------------+----o------] insane
ARGHH !

Out of here before I go
  • mad |-------------+-----------o] insane
Habemus majkam!
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

(as if we didn't know)
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

(it's for the newbees)
Habemus majkam!
Lesmo16

Post by *Lesmo16 »

( :lol: )
Everyone believing in telekinesis, raise my hand!
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Suggestion:
  • 9. All moderators must have the option "Always show my e-mail address" in their profiles set to Yes.
The following moderators have this option set to No:
Sam_Zen
Kees Weijsenfeld
Darkman
Unjoanqualsevol
Sombra
Edited Thu Sep 07
Setting this option on this forum will not reveal the e-mail address, but will show an e-mail button which can be used to send e-mail.
Mr. Ghisler now has changed the text "Always show my e-mail address" to make this more clear.
Last edited by white on 2006-09-07, 21:09 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

no.. anybody could track them then.... :lol:
Habemus majkam!
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

white
Why do you need that? The forum allows to send them E-mail without knowing it - just via the forum engine itself.

Or did they irritate you so much that you want their mailboxes be filled with spam? :lol:
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64