Delete current playing song?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JimmyTheBroker

Delete current playing song?

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

Hi guys,

This should hopefully be simple but having some difficultly and not sure what is wrong.

Im looking to make a button that deletes the current song.

Im also looking for a button that moves the current song to a predetermined target folder.

Thanks!

Jimmy 8)
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Delete current playing song?

Post by *DrShark »

JimmyTheBroker wrote:Im looking to make a button that deletes the current song.
Do you mean your goal is to remove from device the file of the song currently playing in TC Media Player? Then in Media Player select this track by a tap on its icon and then use its "Delete selected" context menu item.
JimmyTheBroker wrote:Im also looking for a button that moves the current song to a predetermined target folder.
I don't know a fully automated solution, but you can switch from TC Media Player to your song file in Total Commander using song's "Go to file" context menu item in the player. In opposite TC panel you can already have your predetermined target folder opened by going there using a bookmark or "Change directory" type custom button.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
JimmyTheBroker

Thanks and sorry DrShark,

I'll try again.

1. I'm looking for a button that deletes the current song, off the phone's hard drive, (puts it into the recycling bin).

[quote]I don't know a fully automated solution, but you can switch from TC Media Player to your song file in Total Commander using song's "Go to file" context menu item in the player. In opposite TC panel you can already have your predetermined target folder opened by going there using a bookmark or "Change directory" type custom button.
[\quote]

That's the current solution I had, but it requires while a few button clicks, and not exactly safe while driving, kind of looking for a one button press solution.
("go to file" move whichever current panel you have to the file)

3. I find that I typically need to press the back button and then the forwards button to get the TC player to jump to the current song, to then press the "go to file" command, to then copy to clipboard, and then I have to manually (normally using bookmarks) go to where I want to move the song too.
-It would be nice if there was a way to have TC open up to the currently playing song. If anyone has a way of doing that.
So happy!
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

JimmyTheBroker wrote:1. I'm looking for a button that deletes the current song, off the phone's hard drive, (puts it into the recycling bin).
There is no internal command for TC buttons to delete currently playing song, there is only generic delete button that deletes files focused or selected in TC panel.
Also, there is no Recycle bin on Android phones, as mentioned in TC4A Help, so your file is deleted completely.
JimmyTheBroker wrote:3. I find that I typically need to press the back button and then the forwards button to get the TC player to jump to the current song,
If you have TC Media Player opened, you can just use a long tap on your track there to see the a context menu with "Go to file" menu item (if you clicked on track's icon before, there will be also "Delete selected" item to remove the song file from device).
JimmyTheBroker wrote:to then press the "go to file" command, to then copy to clipboard, and then I have to manually (normally using bookmarks) go to where I want to move the song too.
You can use Copy/Move button after selecting a file in source panel, so you won't need to manually copy a file to clipboard and then manually paste it. With 2 panels side by side options enabled (at hamburger menu->Configure...->List window arrangement), you can see both source dir with your song and the target dir (e.g. location from bookmark) at the same time.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
JimmyTheBroker

Hi Dr Shark,
no internal command for TC buttons to delete currently playing song,
damn..

long tap on your track there to see the a context menu with "Go to file" menu item (if you clicked on track's icon before, there will be also "Delete selected" item to remove the song file from device).
Yep, this is how i am doing it currently. It works, but it takes quite a few seconds to do.

You can use Copy/Move button after selecting a file in source panel
that helps a little bit.
So happy!