[9.12 x64]: sometimes files ''lock'' w/o particular reason

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gewone

[9.12 x64]: sometimes files ''lock'' w/o particular reason

Post by *gewone »

Sometimes files gets locked in a since you cannot delete/rename/move it, i.e. being used. When running e.g. "handle.exe" it seems TOTALCMD64.EXE is what's having a handle on the file, but it's weird since I have no ongoing actions on the specific file. A simple TC exit / restart fixes the problem straight away. I understand that this may be hard to pinpoint. Anyways, just thought I'd mention it.
gewone

Post by *gewone »

...without particular reason*
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Is the locked file of type exe and linked to a button-bar button? If so then maybe it is related to this bug viewtopic.php?t=49327
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [9.12x64] Sometimes files "lock" without parti

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

gewone wrote:I understand that this may be hard to pinpoint.
If you are not gonna tell us what the involved file (types) are and what you did with these files in TC before you noticed the locking (to the best of your recollection), well, no, then it is not hard to pinpoint. Not at all. Rather, it is impossible to pinpoint.

Maybe we get lucky and some other chap happens to run into the same problem as you and is more forthcoming with information that allows honing in on the issue. But you know how it is with luck; you never get it if you need it the most... ;)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I have experienced this too, sometimes. I guess the files get somehow locked by either using QuickSearch eXtended or the thumbnail view (with XnView extracting the thumbnails). Happens perhaps once a month so I resigned myself to just restarting TC.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.