MediaInfoWdx 1.11 error: missing DLLs on your system

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

lezerogan2

MediaInfoWdx 1.11 error: missing DLLs on your system

Post by *lezerogan2 »

i have Totcmd 9.12 64 bit on windows 10 home 64 bit.
i have plugin MediaInfoWdx version 1.09 working OK.

trying to install version 1.11 - i got:
"error loading plugin file! - The plugin probably needs some DLLs missing on your system".
I downloaded and placed MediaInfo64.dll as describe in the read_me file. it did not help.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Coincidentally I checked for plugin updates a couple of days ago, and MediaInfoWDX was one of them. I wondered why the size of the plugin files decreased drastically, so I checked and saw that the plugin is no longer statically linked but dynamically now. Unfortunately this is not mentioned in the plugin's changelog; god, I hate when authors don't mention such an important change :evil:.

Dynamically linked means that it requires external libraries that were integrated up until now. To solve this problem you need to install these missing libraries, in this case Visual C++ runtime 2015 or 2017.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
lezerogan2

solved

Post by *lezerogan2 »

Thanks a lot Dalai.
it solved the problem
Thany

Post by *Thany »

Please put this in the readme file. I had this problem too and had to search high and low to figure this out. If it were in the readme file, I wouldn't have lost half an hour of my life. Thanks.
Total Commander 11 on Windows 10