Copying Configuration

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

commnthings

Copying Configuration

Post by *commnthings »

My laptop just died and I'm reinstalling TC on the new one. Is there a way to copy the configuration from my desktop installation so I don't have to go through every separate setting?
Thanks,
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, look for the files wincmd.ini and wcx_ftp.ini. They are usually under c:\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\ if you didn't change the location yourself.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
commnthings

Post by *commnthings »

Christian,
Many thanks.
I've been using TC (or WC) since about 1999 after Peter Norton refused to port Norton File Manager to Windows 95. I've loved it ever since.
Bob
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Norton Commander eventually was ported to Windows in 1996, but it appeared late to the show and was no match to the DOS version, which in turn was already outperformed by the great DOS Navigator.

Back then I looked for an Windows filemanager similar to NC, too, and after I had tried several solutions I finally settled with Windows Commander, which later got renamed to Total Commander.
Last edited by deus-ex on 2018-05-10, 21:09 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.