how can i activate a view mode for the folder with mp3 inside?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

giulia

how can i activate a view mode for the folder with mp3 inside?

Post by *giulia »

Hi

how can i activate a view mode for a folder with for example mp3 files inside ?

i have tried this , but i does switch to
thanks
there is a screenshot
Image: https://i.imgur.com/bGWYQFp.png
love Total Commander , best file manager ever made
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: how can i activate a view mode for the folder with mp3 inside?

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

You will have to specify the file extension like

Code: Select all

*.mp3
The "File types" field is not for listing file extensions per se, but rather a pattern against the file name. You could for example also specify any file beginning with an "x" as a file type like "x*.*"

If your folder has also files other than mp3's in it, you can't use the "+" rule. In such a case, the "?" rule is probably a better choice. But, there are quite a few more rule types you might want to consider perhaps. The help will tell you about them. (When editing a view mode rule, just press the "Help" button. The help also tells about all the things you can do with the "File types" field, btw...)
giulia

Post by *giulia »

elgonzo wrote: 2020-09-06, 06:43 UTC You will have to specify the file extension like

Code: Select all

*.mp3
The "File types" field is not for listing file extensions per se, but rather a pattern against the file name. You could for example also specify any file beginning with an "x" as a file type like "x*.*"

If your folder has also files other than mp3's in it, you can't use the "+" rule. In such a case, the "?" rule is probably a better choice. But, there are quite a few more rule types you might want to consider perhaps. The help will tell you about them. (When editing a view mode rule, just press the "Help" button. The help also tells about all the things you can do with the "File types" field, btw...)
hi
If your folder has also files other than mp3's in it, you can't use the "+" rule. In such a case, the "?" rule is probably a better choice
do you mean use the ? , to activate the rule if there is only 1 mp3 inside a folder with lots of files with different extensio
I will try it
thanks
love Total Commander , best file manager ever made
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2giulia
I would recommend using the % rule for at least 50% files that macth the filetype.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

As said by petermad, you can use % *.mp3 to switch when you have at least 50% of mp3 files. You can addapt to also match any music files using additional or rules.

I'm also using a fallback view at the end of the Automatic Switch definition to reset to a default definition when i quit Music, Video, Dev, folder..
Define ? *.* | D as rules and your default custom view.
All the custom column, order, ... settings defined in a custom view are set only when a new custom view is selected (automatically or not).