Selected file/folder-path to memory (filemapping)

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dragonetti

Post by *dragonetti »

@Hacker (Roman)
Ok thank you I will take a look at it.

But I would rather avoid using the clipboard, as I am using a clipboard manager (clipmate). If I would go the clipboard route then the climpate DB would fill up unnecessary every time I clicked within tcmd. I could use filters on clipmate to avoid capturing data from tcmd but in many instances I actually do want to capture clipboard data from clipmate.

I must find a way around this myself.

Again thank you for the help and example.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

But how could I for example, execute an action the moment an .jpg file is left clicked. Or execute an action when a file or folder within "d:\mp3" is left clicked.
Dalai has mentioned WM_COPYDATA message that one can send to TC window in order to get various information including focused items.
25.11.11 Added: Send WM_COPYDATA with dwData='G'+256*'A' and lpData pointing to command to get back WM_COPYDATA with various info. Supported commands A: Active side (returns L or R), or two byte command: first byte: L=left, R=right, S=source, T=target. Second byte: P=current path, C=list count, I=caret index, N=name of file under caret. dwData of return is 'R'+256*'A' (32/64)
And, if you want to do something when click is performed, you need to set up a hook, but writing it requires some skills.
dragonetti

Post by *dragonetti »

Yes, I think I am going that route. It will take a while but it is something that I could implement. Thank you.