File list: Files having a comment should be visibly marked

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

strawbeard

File list: Files having a comment should be visibly marked

Post by *strawbeard »

Hi,

Sometimes I give files a File Comment (Ctrl-Z). Of course, later on I don't remember which files carry a comment. The entries in a file list don't show the presence of a comment. I have to hover over the files (slow) to pop up the tool tips.

It would be great to have a visual cue on file entries carrying comments. This could be a special overlay icon, a special font, a special coloring scheme, or even an extra column.

This would be very helpful.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

This is already possible. You can switch to comment mode with Ctrl+Shift+F2 to see all comments. You can also create a custom columns view that contains the field [tc.comment]. Maybe even Define colors by file type is possible, although I remember some difficulties checking for empty field values.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

strawbeard

Post by *strawbeard »

@tuska
Setting the font color for files with comments as described in viewtopic.php?p=337415#337415 works for me :D Thank you very much. :!:

There is a 'fly in the ointment' (my de-en dictionary :wink:): since I already use coloring for several file types it is difficult to find another color that's conspicuous. Also the color for commented files overrides any other color. But I can live with that.