Criteria Copy Question

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

stavros92

Criteria Copy Question

Post by *stavros92 »

Hi all. I tried to find a solution but no luck...(although I tried some plugins like copytree etc) still no luck.
I have a folder containing many subfolders where each one of them contains a text file and some mp3s.
I want to search for some specific text in all text files, feed to listbox all that contain my keyword and then copy each ENTIRE subfolder (containing the text file AND the mp3s).
Using the plugins I only managed to copy the subfolder structure, the text file containg the keyword but NOT the rest of the files included in each subfolder. Any ideas? THANXXX
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Criteria Copy Question

Post by *nsp »

stavros92 wrote:Hi all. I tried to find a solution but no luck...(although I tried some plugins like copytree etc) still no luck.
I have a folder containing many subfolders where each one of them contains a text file and some mp3s.
I want to search for some specific text in all text files, feed to listbox all that contain my keyword and then copy each ENTIRE subfolder (containing the text file AND the mp3s).
Using the plugins I only managed to copy the subfolder structure, the text file containg the keyword but NOT the rest of the files included in each subfolder. Any ideas? THANXXX
If you only want to copy one level at the time, you could use TCBL to do it using the folowing processs.
Find all text file containing the keyword and feed to listbox.
Select all and use a TCBL command.

This could be the tcbl command to insert in tcbl.ini

Code: Select all

[copyTxtNmp3s]
ini=q
cmd=md "$1\$p1" 
cmd=copy /Y "$f" "$1\$p1" 
cmd=copy /Y "$p*.mp3" "$1\$p1" 
create an em_command or a button like:

Code: Select all

command: <path to tcbl.exe>
parammeter: -iep %L copyTxtNmp3s %T
it only works for regular folder the ep option let you see the generated batch file in notepad and wait after completion.