Concise port connection info in file operation or FTP log?

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ralph

Concise port connection info in file operation or FTP log?

Post by *Ralph »

Problem: I performed many file operations, mostly over a port connection. Then, I wanted to confirm that I had performed the file operations on the other computer, not on the computer where I was sitting. I looked in the file operations log, but found no operations related to the port connection. Since the port connection appears to use the file transfer protocol, I looked in the FTP log, which was empty because I had not enabled FTP logging. After enabling FTP logging, I saw that the entries are relatively verbose, even if the port connection file operations were successful.

1. Could the file operation log include port connection file operations?
I would like to interleave the file operations and port connection file operations. Currently, file operations via a port connection go to the separate FTP log (if it is enabled). The file operation log contains one line per operation, while the FTP log contains several lines per operation.

2. If the file operation log cannot include port connection file operations, could there be a concise option for the FTP log?
Luckily, I do not need to debug the port connection, so I just want to record the file operations.
Could a concise log option make the port connection faster?

Thanks