LAN plugin does not work

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cker

LAN plugin does not work

Post by *cker »

Nokia 7 plus, with TC version 2.90 final and LAN plugin 3.06.
After installation, it cannot even start the plugin or the properties command by long tap, only get Accessing Directory ///LAN prompt and disappear in seconds.
The ES file manager is OK to access the LAN share folder on the same phone, suspect there is some problems with the plugin.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, Nokia is using some kind of app optimizer which completely prevents the loading of any Total Commander plugins a few hours after installation. The plugin is in some kind of frozen/sleeping state, and cannot be revived from any third party apps. Only the launcher can reawake apps. But since plugins don't have a launcher icon, they cannot be used at all.

Therefore I recommend that you uninstall Total Commander and use a different file manager on Nokia devices.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
cker

Post by *cker »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sorry, Nokia is using some kind of app optimizer which completely prevents the loading of any Total Commander plugins a few hours after installation. The plugin is in some kind of frozen/sleeping state, and cannot be revived from any third party apps. Only the launcher can reawake apps. But since plugins don't have a launcher icon, they cannot be used at all.

Therefore I recommend that you uninstall Total Commander and use a different file manager on Nokia devices.
I have added TC and LAN plugin to the unoptimized state, but in vain.
Sorry to hear this cannot be fixed, Ghisler, TC is my favorite app. Any turnaround solutions?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, unfortunately there isn't a solution for Nokia devices. On other devices with such optimizers, TC opens a small activity in the plugin which would just show a popup "Plugin x starting". This reawakens the plugin, so TC can connect to its service. However, this doesn't work on Nokia devices either.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com